Testosterone and accutane.

Phillipsaxen

Hey there guys, I’m 22 turning 23 this summer and been lifting for the last 6 years. I’ve currently been on a round of accutane for the last 3 months and just had some questions. I know that using testosterone at the same time I’m on accutane could be potentially harmful for my liver so I was anticipating beginning a cycle of 250-500mg of test in the future when I’m off. Not sure when this cycle would be, could be in 6 months could be in 6 years. Anyways, would it be more than likely that my acne comes back when I do begin a cycle of testosterone? Or would it be more beneficial to start the test cycle while I’m actually still on accutane? Sorry if these are stupid questions. Thanks!

suppsforlife

Hello there. First off, I wouldn't recommend you to start a cycle now at all due to your age. At your age, you're still likely to grow naturally and your hormonal system hasn't fully balanced out. By adding testosterone, you're going to flip it all over. There are lots of guys here who shared their stories of using steroids when they were around your age and regretting it.
as for your question
Anyways, would it be more than likely that my acne comes back when I do begin a cycle of testosterone?
yeah, there are high chances that your acne is going to come back when you'll start a cycle of Testosterone. That's not guaranteed, but likely. That's why, when you'll start with it (better wait at least a few more years), might have accutane handy.

PedritoHID

Sounds good. So wait til I’m like 25?
The Hypothalamus is still in development until 25-26, I would wait a little bit longer.

Should I expect to lose my hair from test?
That's usually from genetics, if in your family is prone to having Male Pattern Baldness (MPB) you most likely lose it, also it depends on the dosage, the steroids and the length of being on them.

Phillipsaxen

The Hypothalamus is still in development until 25-26, I would wait a little bit longer.

That's usually from genetics, if in your family is prone to having Male Pattern Baldness (MPB) you most likely lose it, also it depends on the dosage, the steroids and the length of being on them.
So 26-27 to be safe? And it’d likely just be test.

Papa.Smurf0311

Yea, Id probably wait until 25 or so. I started at 25 and Ive learned so much since then. stuff I know now, I wish I knew back then. You could possibly get away with a cycle of SARM's maybe but for sure do some research and ask around here before you do. If the balding gene (androgenic alopecia) runs in your family and you have that gene, then running any AAS's will for sure speed up that process. Using Test will most likely cause a little bit of acne. I never really got bad acne but Ive seen some guys get horrific acne. I think you can use accutane while on cycle but not 100% sure on that. Ive never had to use accutane so definitely do some research and ask around.

suppsforlife

accutane is very powerful stuff, actually. not recommended to everyone. and yeah, AAS (depending on which ones too) can speed up the process of balding and acne appearance. But that's genetic. That's why you never got really bad acne, while others might get it horribly

Phillipsaxen

Yea, Id probably wait until 25 or so. I started at 25 and Ive learned so much since then. stuff I know now, I wish I knew back then. You could possibly get away with a cycle of SARM's maybe but for sure do some research and ask around here before you do. If the balding gene (androgenic alopecia) runs in your family and you have that gene, then running any AAS's will for sure speed up that process. Using Test will most likely cause a little bit of acne. I never really got bad acne but Ive seen some guys get horrific acne. I think you can use accutane while on cycle but not 100% sure on that. Ive never had to use accutane so definitely do some research and ask around.
I’ve been training now for 2 years naturally and I’m highly considering running a low TRT dose 125mg a week. I know I’m 22 but isn’t 125mg low enough to not actually cause me any harm?
I’d much rather run low dose test instead of using RAD140 or anything like that.

PedritoHID

I know I’m 22 but isn’t 125mg low enough to not actually cause me any harm?
If you start introducing exogenous (outside) test to your system, you will be messing up with your natural development, with your brain, with your balls, with your IQ, with your reasoning, and it will cause harm. Like I said, your hypothalamus is still in development until 25-26, THAT is exactly the reason why younger guys than 26 think they know everything, I know because I was one of those guys like every damn male on the planet.

Then after 26 you start to realize "oh shit the things I did when I was younger were really stupid" because your hypothalamus is fully developed at that age, therefore your reasoning is better and you start to be more cautious and logical.

I’ve been training now for 2 years naturally
Dude I was 110 lbs in high school, I trained super hard and by the age of 26 I was 145, pretty big and naturally ripped. and my genetics are not that great. Muscles take time, guys you see on Instagram with a great physique you don't know how much damage they've done to their organs cause they don't show that.

My best advice to you like a brother, don't rush it, you have an eternity after 26 to get into gear and build your best physique, train hard naturally, get a great job that pays well and you enjoy, make bank and don't get any woman pregnant :ROFLMAO: with that receipt, after 26 you'll have the world at your feet, I know because I am that guy now.

Probably not the answer you want but doing things right in the now, will pay a hundredfold in the future.

Last edited:

Phillipsaxen

If you start introducing exogenous (outside) test to your system, you will be messing up with your natural development, with your brain, with your balls, with your IQ, with your reasoning, and it will cause harm. Like I said, your hypothalamus is still in development until 25-26, THAT is exactly the reason why younger guys than 26 think they know everything, I know because I was one of those guys like every damn male on the planet.

Then after 26 you start to realize "oh shit the things I did when I was younger were really stupid" because your hypothalamus is fully developed at that age, therefore your reasoning is better and you start to be more cautious and logical.

Dude I was 110 lbs in high school, I trained super hard and by the age of 26 I was 145, pretty big and naturally ripped. and my genetics are not that great. Muscles take time, guys you see on Instagram with a great physique you don't know how much damage they've done to their organs cause they don't show that.

My best advice to you like a brother, don't rush it, you have an eternity after 26 to get into gear and build your best physique, train hard naturally, get a great job that pays well and you enjoy, make bank and don't get any woman pregnant :ROFLMAO: with that receipt, after 26 you'll have the world at your feet, I know because I am that guy now.

Probably not the answer you want but doing things right in the now, will pay a hundredfold in the future.
I’m honestly at a really good place. I went from 145 pounds at 16, 170 at 19, and now 185 at 22. I’ve really got my diet down and just been kind of clean lean bulking the whole last 3 years. I’m likely in the ballpark of 8-12% body fat. I’m 6’ btw. I really appreciate the answer. Basically telling me that I need to put things into perspective allowing my body to finish growing before even worrying about adding anything foreign into my system. I’ve honestly got really great genetics so yeah I probably don’t want to fuck that up now so I’m screwed for the rest of my life. I just need to be patient for now and realize I’ve got plenty of room to grow. It’s just very hard when I go on tiktok and YouTube and see guys my age taking gear and are 20 pounds heavier than me at the same BF%. But just realize they’re fucking their shit up long term.

PedritoHID

It’s just very hard when I go on tiktok and YouTube and see guys my age taking gear and are 20 pounds heavier than me at the same BF%. But just realize they’re fucking their shit up long term.
That same thing happened to me, at the end those guys ended up screwing their life.

I’m honestly at a really good place. I went from 145 pounds at 16, 170 at 19, and now 185 at 22. I’ve really got my diet down and just been kind of clean lean bulking the whole last 3 years. I’m likely in the ballpark of 8-12% body fat.

Nice gains man, you're better than 90% of your age group already.

HGH.to

185 lbs with 8-10% of body fat at 22. I don't see why you would want to use any roids unless competing where you have an obvious disadvantage compared to others that do use steroids. But even so, not worth it to put your health at risk.

Phillipsaxen

185 lbs with 8-10% of body fat at 22. I don't see why you would want to use any roids unless competing where you have an obvious disadvantage compared to others that do use steroids. But even so, not worth it to put your health at risk.
I’m a professional ballet dancer so being fit is a big part of my job. I’ve heard of benefits when it comes to recovery and overall endurance so that’s the main reason I was considering low dose test because we already do have a relative short career. I was basically thinking better to burn bright and short than to burn small and sustained. But I’m more than content to wait til I’m 27 and re-evaluate.

Phillipsaxen

great choice! until then, add more rest, sleep, vitamins, minerals and natural supplements!
I just got back from a TRT clinic and got my test levels checked. I’m 23 next week and I’m at 487 ng/dl total test. They said I have the testosterone levels of a man in his 60’s

suppsforlife

want to grow muscles? go for TRT. but you're likely to need injections for the next of your life and you're just 23. I wouldn't go for the injections.
better go for the second option alongside natural methods of boosting testosterone (workout, diet, vitamins, supplements, and everything else). It's just that you're WAY too young for TRT at 23