The 'once a day diet'

Chazzycharlie

Now I don't know about you guys but I am pretty fed up of eat 6-8 times a day, weighing my food every time, ensuring all my macros are correct, preparing, washing, cutting everything, its relatively easy as I work from home but there will come a time where I am back in the office and this won't be practicable.

anyway, I intend to eat just one meal a day where I completely go all out and consume my entire daily caloric goal.... I don't for one second think I can hold a torch to the late, great Serge Nubret but it is well documented that he followed a similar principle, can you argue with a physique like his?

Has anybody here tried this method?

Dolf

I don't like it. I get really grouchy when I'm hungry, so I'd probably end up in trouble. Lol also to sit and consume 4000 + calories in one sitting would be a difficult task and most likely would have to be dirty foods to even get close.

Chazzycharlie

Good point, I'm not consuming anywhere near that many calories, I've just eaten 6 venison steaks, 500g of sweet potato, 1 cantaloupe and 1 coconut, ... Can feel a massive power nap / coma coming on and something that feels a bit like hunger! Possibly a response from the insulin spike?

3rd_levelup

Dont do it buddy your metabolism will come to a screeching halt and you will store fat.  Eating more frequent meals speeds up your metabolism and aids in burning fat,better digestion,stable insulin levels, and will steady out your appetite. You will go into starvation mode eating once a day and also store fat. Plus you will be famished by the time your one meal time comes you will most likely overeat.  Dont do it.

Chazzycharlie

Yeah I'm kinda rethinking it now, seemed like a good idea at the time but it's now 4 o'clock and I need to eat something, today is going to go down as a hefty caloric surplus.... At least I got to eat a huge meal, 'every cloud' as they say.

Outlawthing

I found this out through first hand exp I lost well over 100lb and the last 40 I lost was all fat  I was eating a few hundred calories every hr to hr and a half all day  my metabolism was smoking  now I'm just on maint diet I have been doing fasted cardio morn then I eat 4 meals and two bars a day about same calories as before and my wieght is stable so imo less More often seems best for fat loss

Rez0099

Maybe your answer is somewhere in between? No need to save all the calories for one meal.. But instead of eating 6-8 times a day, I actually enjoy eating 2-3 large meals starting sometime between noon and bedtime. The body gets used to it as far as hunger issues go. Very occasionally I feel like a need some food earlier on, but its pretty rare. For me, its mainly a convenience thing, as my job does not lend itself well to worrying about food early in the day. Just a thought, good luck

Chazzycharlie

There is an answer somewhere, I'm just going to experiment and see what works for me... I've gone 2 days now with one huge meal and I feel pretty good no strength decreases, energy is fine, as the other guys on here mentioned im getting a little cranky but not too bad... Nothing in the way of fat loss 'Wasn't expecting this anyway' but no muscle loss either as of yet, the body is very clever as I get hungry at the same time every day now... I'm guessing from a ghrelin/leptin/insulin response, only time will tell.

siegmund

I can't see.how eating one huge.meal is possible ??I eat like 3 times a day ,and.with that.i maintain like.190 ,.fluxgates from like 187 to 190. ..and these are not.in any way shape or form.weighed out.balanced meals.....now., like.im trying.to go up 10 lbs or.so I found if.i add.a.meal.im good.for.about.5 or.6.lbs. And.add a.shake.,..

my bad.i.see you.,trying.to loose.weight.?? Ok after a few hours ,after eating wouldn't your by body ,having 23 hours between a meal go like a frenzy meaning ,yes it.would burn fat ,I think ,but.i think your body would start pulling protein from muscle mass , ??? There is no way imo,that.this can be healtty , espically if your.just trying.to drop fat ...im no where.near.a expert on diets ,and I usually.dont respond to them but.this has me curious and.concerned.

Chazzycharlie

At the moment I'm just trying to hold what I have gained on my off cycle, I only use gear to diet so I don't lose any mass and most of the time gain a few pounds and I try to bulk on my off period so I can hold as much mass as possible.... Great article on this below.

https://androseries.wordpress.com/2010/12/15/thou-shall-cut-on-gear-and-bulk-off-cycle/

im not sure if this diet will suffice in the long term but so far so good, I've tried to do a bit of research and have read that metabolic rates aren't affected and catabolism doesn't set in until 48-72 hours so I feel ok for now, other than my one huge meal I supplement with multivits and amino acids which gives me peace of mind... I feel like I was made to eat this way, not only does it give me a sense of freedom throughout the day instead of looking for my next meal every two hours but I feel quite energized too.