TRT dosages

Dolf

I know most doctors give 250 mg of test c every other week for trt, but coming off of a blast that won't cut it. I've read anywhere from 150mg a week up to 300 mg. For you other brothers doing trt/cruising what are your dosages and why? My thought was somewhere in the 200mg to 250mg range, and adjust up/down from there. 

milkin

I taper with prop the last week of my cycle along with 200mg of cyp. Thats my cruise dosage between cycles. Now Doc want me on 100mg/week since my numbers fall within the correct range at this dosage. So two weeks before I see doc for bloods I drop it down to his dosage.

IMO, less is better during cruise but maintaining gains is impossible at my prescribed dosage. Furthermore, doc's dosage leaves my libido on the low end so that's why I elect to double the dose. I know guys that run under 100mg/week and claim it works for them so I guess it depends on tolerance. I have been on trt for many years at this dosage ant it is still working fine for me. Brings up a whole other topic of saturated receptors. Those on TRT, are their receptors more susceptible to saturation? I mean being the fact that they really don't get a break. It's another great topic.

Bigl

Milkin my doc had me on 200 cyp a month. I went back just recently but I ran out and was off for 3 months. so I go see him and tell him I feeling tired down etc.... so he put me on 200 every other week and he told me never quite cold turkey so I've been on his script and supplementing with my own on the weeks I'm not using my script. 

milkin

I am surprised that Doc has you injecting every other  week knowing that the half life is just over one week. (  A debatable 8 days since some say its more like 10 but we will use 8 for this discussion ) So what does that do to your blood levels over a two week period ? It takes them for a roller coaster ride and heres why:

Half life = the time it takes for a compound to loose 1/2 of its potency. So if you pin 200mg of testosterone cyp, 8 days later you will have 1/2 of that, 100mg, to work with. So add another week and it's gone and as you reintroduce another 200mg, the roller coaster begins to climb as your blood levels escalate. It's a ratcheting effect each time you pin. Most trt patients will pin every week to maintain stable levels even if that only means 3/4-1/2 ml each poke.

D

Dont_trip

Why is it not more common to see test undeconate for try patients?the half life would be greater what are your thoughts on this?

D

Dont_trip

bad ass dose,what do your bloods look like?and who's your doctor LOL

siegmund

200mg once ia week ,, that was my perscribed dose , I havnt been to the docs in a long time I self med now when I  cruise I do 125 2×w , I upped my dose to 250 from 200 

Bigstick_00

I'm on 200mg every 2 weeks at the moment, just recently went back for a check up and had a chat with my doc about the half life and told him I feel like I crash after 7-8 days. He understood and we did some more blood work, so now I'm just waiting on those results. I'm almost 39 and when I originally went in about 3 months ago my levels were about 328ng/dl. For my age and how active I am, he wants my levels to be in the 600's.

D

dolfanshan

Sounds like me and you were in just about the same boat bigstick. Keep us updated on your levels and docs advice brother.

Bigstick_00

Just got the results from my recent blood work. My levels came in at 900 and 38.4 All normal. My levels were checked exactly 7 days after my dose. Looks like my doc is gonna keep me on 200mg every other week. I will continue to supplement with the test I get from my sources. The good news is it won't cost me as much to supplement!

D

dolfanshan

Lower cost is always good news. Thanks for the update Bigstick

Outlawthing

My doc has me on 200mg test cyp per week  has my test levels always above 1100 and free test above 24  tried every other week levels  only 650 felt horrible second week plus too much of a roller coaster  doc is good with it as long as psa is good and blood doesn't get to thick  so far so good  liver enzymes good as well 

milkin

Yes I think Test-U would give you too much of a roller coaster effect due to its long half life. Remember, your kevels drop daily and when you reach the half life point, your mg dosage is half. Each day after your shot your levels ratchet down a notch.

milkin

Everyone is different though. for instance, last year when I gave bloods for Doc I was on 200 milligrams every week. That put my levels somewhere around 450 which is what he like to see. now I just gave blood last week, and that same dosage I've been taking for years has put my levels up in the 600's. No change in dosage, no change in frequency, but my levels were higher. So it makes you wonder. So what everybody's opinion, would you question the integrity of the test ? I would you say your body changes somehow and perhsps is not dropping these levels as rapidlh as it use to ? Slower metabolism due to age ?? Who's got opinions ? 

D

Dont_trip

But you could if you needed to.TRT is for life that is why you should always think long and hard before jumping on.And you should have a doctor to help you with routine blood work etc to truly dial you in