What about weaning off a cycle?

dohcsvt

I was thinking about why the standard is to just stop taking test at the end of a cycle. From my research, when medical TRT is stopped they use a weaning process. I was thinking about the following plan… maybe?

Initial plan was 10 weeks Test-E 250X2 then PCT.

What about 8 weeks 250X2
2 weeks 125X2
2 weeks 50X2 (start standard PCT at this point)
4 weeks 50x1
Then done?

Seems to me that this would be easier on you both physically and mentally?

What do you guys think.

Also, I am not currently planning another cycle anytime soon, if that plays into it.

Gokupwr62

Bad idea if running a pct! That little of exogenous test will still keep you shut down. Start your rebound when the test clears your system if not your wasting your pct drugs. Some ppl will use hcg during and after cycle to help bounce back. Now I'll ramp up and down but I stay on year round.

Gainz.

From what I understand if you're taking 500mg or 50mg once you start injecting and shut down that's it. Just because you're taking less doesn't mean you're body will start producing more again. It doesn't start back up until you stop injecting.

That's why when they do a trial comparison of the different levels, say they give 100 men from the ages of 20-40 test for 8 weeks
They give group 1 20mg a week
Group 2 50mg, group 3 100mg and so on...
Group 1, the group that gets a smaller amount then their body normally makes always loses muscle mass!
The body doesn't keep producing once a foriegn test is introduced.

Therefore if you're gonna shut your system down, make the most of it and make sure your pct is on point.

dohcsvt

From what I understand if you're taking 500mg or 50mg once you start injecting and shut down that's it. Just because you're taking less doesn't mean you're body will start producing more again. It doesn't start back up until you stop injecting.

That's why when they do a trial comparison of the different levels, say they give 100 men from the ages of 20-40 test for 8 weeks
They give group 1 20mg a week
Group 2 50mg, group 3 100mg and so on...
Group 1, the group that gets a smaller amount then their body normally makes always loses muscle mass!
The body doesn't keep producing once a foriegn test is introduced.

Therefore if you're gonna shut your system down, make the most of it and make sure your pct is on point.
Thank you for the technical explanation. I have reviewed some studies and I did notice that the low dosage groups always lose mass… now I get it.

Back to the original plan…10 wells, then 10 days after the last pinning I will start the PCT.

Gainz.

Thank you for the technical explanation. I have reviewed some studies and I did notice that the low dosage groups always lose mass… now I get it.

Back to the original plan…10 wells, then 10 days after the last pinning I will start the PCT.
Test e stays in your system for up to 11 days. That's why most people wait a full 14 days (2 weeks) before starting their pct. Making absolute sure it's out of your system. now how crucial that is, I don't know.

But I've noticed quite a few people seem to compare gear to other drugs.
Like "I did my first pin of test today, I don't feel anything it must be fake".
Or you wanting to wean off test like someone who's trying to quit smoking or stop taking pills.

I'm not blaming you or calling you out or anything like that. I've actually found myself along that thought process as well.

I think its when you don't know about something, you try to compare it with things you do know.

For the past 20 something years every time I put a substance in my body a few minutes later something would happen. Either euphoria, visions, dizziness, giggles, hunger and dry mouth, something would happen!

So the first time I pinned test e, well it was very anticlimactic. The planning and waiting, the anticipation of it arriving in the mail, finally getting it, wiping everything down with alcohol, the nervousness of the much bigger in person 1.5inch needle, then.... nothing!
Waiting 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 3 hours... nothing happens!
It's a very wierd thing! Goes against everything I've come to know.

HGH.to

With whatever anabolic steroid you use (testosterone etc.) and whatever dosage you use (as little as it gets) - it has negative effects on HPTA. During PCT, you are "boosting" your HPTA. That's the point of PCT. When you use even the smallest dosage, it stays suppressed. I do understand your point of slowly weaning off, but that's just not the way it works with steroids (although it works with other compounds like Clenbuterol, T3, and others). That's mainly because HPTA requires months (or even years in some cases) to fully recover back. And it simply can't recover back when you continue using exogenous testosterone. That's why PCT is so important if you plan to remain natural.