What's your favorite tricep extension attachment?

Gainz.

Just curious what everyones favorite tricep attachment is?
Mine use to be the dual rope.
But now it's the V bar attachment.
I absolutely love this thing! The funny thing is I actually bought it by accident... Well kinda. I had it in the Amazon cart for a while. And during Christmas time... Having all the kids gifts and shit, I just bought the whole cart. 4 days later I get it in the mail... And have been in love ever since.
I really don't like the flat 24" straight bar. It doesn't feel great on the wrists. But the V bar I can go much heavier than anything else.
Plus I can use it for cable curls as well. Not quite a hammer curl... Not quite a ez curl grip either.

But what's yours? Is it not here? Am I missing out on something?

Attachments

• received_714106644163108.jpeg
    received_714106644163108.jpeg
    326.9 KB · Views: 3

rockchopper86

I always used the rope. Now I kinda want to try the v bar sense you like it that much. Gotta look around the gym tonight and see if they have one.

Gainz.

I always used the rope. Now I kinda want to try the v bar sense you like it that much. Gotta look around the gym tonight and see if they have one.

The V bar is much different from the rope. With the rope you can get that nice tight contraction at the end of the movement. But with the V bar you can move a lot... A LOT more weight!
So what I've been doing lately is a little warm up (learned the hard way the other day, need to properly warm up in the middle of winter) going very heavy with the V bar, like 3 sets of 8-10. Then going to the rope dropping weight by quite a bit and doing 2 sets of 20.
Then some dumbbell skull crushers and that's my tricep workout (at least at the moment, I changed shit up every few weeks)

saltyscrode

Tough call, I love tricep work. Lately I have been putting my hand through a wrist cuff, so the move starts at the wrist, and doing cable extensions/push downs that way. Changes the resistance curve a bit, feels great on the tris.

Gainz.

Tough call, I love tricep work. Lately I have been putting my hand through a wrist cuff, so the move starts at the wrist, and doing cable extensions/push downs that way. Changes the resistance curve a bit, feels great on the tris.
Oh... That sounds different... I'm going to have to try that!

HGH.to

The V bar is awesome, no doubt, but it doesn't reach the third triceps head as much as others.
what I'm trying to say is that there's no one better than the other. Try switching them up.

Gainz.

The V bar is awesome, no doubt, but it doesn't reach the third triceps head as much as others.
what I'm trying to say is that there's no one better than the other. Try switching them up.

Exactly... That's what I was trying to say... Just not as eloquently 😁.
I couldn't move decent weight with the rope. And the straight bar is just uncomfortable.
So bouncing between heavy with the V bar and full rom with the rope has been working out awesome