Workout advice

BigSkip1488

I'm making great gains in every direction acceot for bench...squats shrugs and all feel light and amazing but my bench is stuck where it is at it seems. Does anybody with my experience have any advice? I start with 135 and pyramid up to 275. Get it for 3-5 depending on how I feel that day. Then back down. Today on the way back down my rep # was less than normal. What next?

Gainz.

Ok... so before I got hurt (I was 26 when I got hurt, so a several months before that, 6ft 176lbs) I was on a mission to bench 300lbs. For a long time I was stuck around 260lb. No matter what I did I couldn't get past it. A buddy finally pointed out I was overtraining, once I stopped and gave my body time to recover I jumped to 275lb. Then got stuck for weeks. I recruited the help of my buddy Justin, the same kid that told me to recover. I found that I wasn't warming up properly, I was actually doing basically a full workout before I tried to max out. That got me to 285lb. But as always I was stuck again, really thought I hit my genetic potential. But being young and driven I kept training. A old timer at the gym told me to stop doing flat bench, focus on decline and incline and really focus on back, rows, bent over rows, and triceps! Need those triceps to lock that shit out! So I didn't touch a flat bench for a month... maybe more, I did lat pulldowns and close grip declines until I dreamt about them at night. Actually put a 1/2" on my arms in that time. Got 225lb close grip decline for 3. (Hands about 6 or 7 inches apart) gave myself 4 full days of rest and I hit that 300lb bench. The first went up so easily I got in my own head, I got so excited I went for a second and forgot to breathe and brace. Needless to say I didn't get 2. But I sure did celebrate after! Like 2 or 3 days later I wanted to try again, but didn't take it seriously... because I already did it and it should be easy🙄. It wasn't, couldn't lock it out. Decided to give myself a break and focus on other body parts, was really trying to curl my body weight at that time and got stuck around 160lb. Later that week I got hurt at work and didn't touch a weight until I was 32.
Hopefully some of that was helpful... or at least entertaining!
But remember more than just your chest moves weight on the bench. Make sure you build up the muscles around it, and give yourself time to recover!

bobby ricky

Ok... so before I got hurt (I was 26 when I got hurt, so a several months before that, 6ft 176lbs) I was on a mission to bench 300lbs. For a long time I was stuck around 260lb. No matter what I did I couldn't get past it. A buddy finally pointed out I was overtraining, once I stopped and gave my body time to recover I jumped to 275lb. Then got stuck for weeks. I recruited the help of my buddy Justin, the same kid that told me to recover. I found that I wasn't warming up properly, I was actually doing basically a full workout before I tried to max out. That got me to 285lb. But as always I was stuck again, really thought I hit my genetic potential. But being young and driven I kept training. A old timer at the gym told me to stop doing flat bench, focus on decline and incline and really focus on back, rows, bent over rows, and triceps! Need those triceps to lock that shit out! So I didn't touch a flat bench for a month... maybe more, I did lat pulldowns and close grip declines until I dreamt about them at night. Actually put a 1/2" on my arms in that time. Got 225lb close grip decline for 3. (Hands about 6 or 7 inches apart) gave myself 4 full days of rest and I hit that 300lb bench. The first went up so easily I got in my own head, I got so excited I went for a second and forgot to breathe and brace. Needless to say I didn't get 2. But I sure did celebrate after! Like 2 or 3 days later I wanted to try again, but didn't take it seriously... because I already did it and it should be easy🙄. It wasn't, couldn't lock it out. Decided to give myself a break and focus on other body parts, was really trying to curl my body weight at that time and got stuck around 160lb. Later that week I got hurt at work and didn't touch a weight until I was 32.
But remember more than just your chest moves weight on the bench. Make sure you build up the muscles around it, and give yourself time to recover!
Yes yes yes👍
I chased 315 for a very long time and I finally got there doing what gains said. I actually put up 315 for 3 times with no spotter , probably 4 times with spotter.

Gainz.

Yes yes yes👍
I chased 315 for a very long time and I finally got there doing what gains said. I actually put up 315 for 3 times with no spotter , probably 4 times with spotter.
Oh yeah, I totally forgot... you just brought up a major physiological aspect... having a spotter is huge when going for a PR!!! Knowing someone can help if you get stuck can make a huge difference between 280 and 300. That doubt is a son of a bitch! PR is a very mental thing as well as physical. If you even think "that's too heavy, or I'm probably not gonna get it" don't even bother. Wait for a different day when you're feeling yourself. Take that day of "doubt" and train something else

bafisher91

I'm making great gains in every direction acceot for bench...squats shrugs and all feel light and amazing but my bench is stuck where it is at it seems. Does anybody with my experience have any advice? I start with 135 and pyramid up to 275. Get it for 3-5 depending on how I feel that day. Then back down. Today on the way back down my rep # was less than normal. What next?
Whats top stack for prohormones or sarms

HGH.to

Oh yeah, I totally forgot... you just brought up a major physiological aspect... having a spotter is huge when going for a PR!!! Knowing someone can help if you get stuck can make a huge difference between 280 and 300. That doubt is a son of a bitch! PR is a very mental thing as well as physical. If you even think "that's too heavy, or I'm probably not gonna get it" don't even bother. Wait for a different day when you're feeling yourself. Take that day of "doubt" and train something else
definitely! I couldn't agree more. going for a PR you have to be prepared physically, but just as well mentally!
Whats top stack for prohormones or sarms
spam?

BigSkip1488

It fs was I was just looking at myself thinking I needed more incline and flat and can assure you I'll step right to it thanks man always appreciate your advice!

Gainz.

It fs was I was just looking at myself thinking I needed more incline and flat and can assure you I'll step right to it thanks man always appreciate your advice!
Don't be afraid of the decline! Decline chest flys are probably my favorite chest exercise.