Beginners Guide To Steroid Cycles

CrazyMonkey

Base - Testosterone
For your first steroid cycle, most will agree it is best to got with JUST testosterone. There are many reasons for this, but mainly it is so you can feel the testosterone when its isolated. This allows you to attribute the gains, side effects, and everything you experience in during your cycle to just the test. The reason this is beneficial is because in later cycles if you stack other steroids with test, you now know what the test is doing, and what the other steroids are doing, so if a new side effects arises, its likely caused by the new steroid.

So you will run just Testosterone (typically Test Enanthate or Test Cypionate) at 500mg per week. This is split into 2 injections each week of 250mg each. This is split in 2 doses to help keep blood levels steadier, for more information on this, educate yourself on the half life of steroids. So your cycle will look as follows:

Weeks 1-10 Test @ 500mg/week
Monday - 250mg Test
Thursday - 250mg Test

Kickstart - Orals
Test Enth and Cyp take around 5-6 weeks of injections before it goes into full intensity in your system. This is to allow the hormones to pool and the blood concentration to raise to the desired levels. During this time, it is common for a kickstart steroid to be used. These are usually an oral compound such as Turanabol, Dianabol, Anadrol, etc. If you chooses to run an oral during these 5-6 weeks that is perfectly fine, and you would add the following to your cycle:

Weeks 1-5 Oral @ Dose/day

Orals are taken daily, usually in split doses over the span of the day. Most orals are taken around 30-50mg per day, so you will need to research the oral you choose to use to get the required dose. This dose can be kept steady for the whole 5 weeks, but you can raise it if you feel comfortable (say from 30mg to 40mg each day). There is no need to taper steroids on or off, the half life will do this naturally.

Mid-Cycle Safety
During your cycle, it is recommended to have certain drugs on hand to deal with any unwanted side effects that may occur. Keeping in mind that this is your first cycle, you don't know how you will react. If side effects occur, you can almost always attribute them to the testosterone converting to estrogen. This excess estrogen causes side effects like gyno that can be limited by using ancillary drugs. Do some research on side effects for a better idea of what you might encounter. There are 2 categories of these ancillary drugs that fight estrogen side effects, those that compete with it, like Novaldex (Tamoxifen Citrate), and those that inhibit it, like Arimidex (Anastrozole). Its highly recommended you research each type of ancillary drug and have some on hand during your cycle.
Using nolvadex as an example, if side effects start to occur, take 20mg ED until they begin to subside, then take 10mg ED until you feel comfortable without the nolvadex. You can take the nolvadex for the duration of the cycle, but remember that you need some estrogen in your blood, and blocking it all regardless of the ancillary drug you pick, will be counterproductive to your cycle.

Post Cycle Treatment - PCT
PCT is a crutial part of your cycle. This time of the cycle is when you start to have the synthetic testosterone flush from your system, and your natural testosterone level begin to recover. Key substances to research for PCT are the ancillary drugs mentioned above, as well as Clomid and HCG.
PCT starts when the half life of your steroids is up. For Test Enth or Test Cyp, this is around 10 to 12 days after the last injection. A good starting point for PCT for a basic cycle like the one above would be as follows:

Day 1: 200mg Clomid, 60mg Nolvadex
Next 3 days: 100mg Clomid, 40mg Nolvadex
Next 10: 50mg Clomid, 20mg Nolvadex
Next 10: 50mg Clomid OR 20mg Nolvadex

This is just a guide and WILL vary from person to person. Blood work can be done to verify test levels, otherwise you'll just have to 'feel' what works best for you.

Cycle Summary
So here is your cycle:

Weeks 1-10 Test E @ 500mg/week (250mg Mon + Thur)
Weeks 1-5 DBol @ 30mg ED

PCT
Weeks 12-15 PCT as above using Clomid and Nolvadex

Extra Nolvadex on hand for sides.

There you have it. Do your research, keep it simple, and be safe.

DukesT

This is a basic introduction to the use of AAS (Anabolic & Androgenic Steroids)

For the novice user there are a few questions one must ask themselves.
•Are you prepared to dedicate at least 6 months to a strict diet and workout regime ?
•Are you already working out regular ?
•Do you already have a reasonably healthy diet and lifestyle ?
•Do you have a healthy heart with no known conditions ?
•Do you have a healthy prostate ?
•Do you have a healthy liver ?
•Are you at least 21 years old ?

If you can answer yes to all of the above then you are a step further to starting a safe program.
Thanks.

M

Marshal

well, nice info...however i would not suggest to take test in your 1st cycle...

Ytown82

Anyone ever have any chest pain in the heart area from taking just test cyp? Should I also be taking something else for that? I'm two weeks in with 500 mg a week (250mg x2). I start aromas in 6.25 twice a week at week 3. . 

milkin

Be careful Ytown, you are talking about your health. If you are experiencing chest pains, then stop everything and get to the hospital. Really you do. 

Chest pains are an indication that your heart is laboring over something. You may have a preexisting condition such as a lazy heart valve, or you may have an enlarged heart. We are talking about your safety here in which only medical personnel can truly troubleshoot.

You are not taking your areomas correctly either, 6.25 twice a week is not an effective dosage so you may be experiencing fluid around you heart due to estrogen conversion.

Either way you really should stop everything until you find the origin of the problem. 

Ytown82

Thanks Milkin I'll head to the drs. I've never had any health issues regarding my heart or anything else for that matter. I'll make an appt n get it checked out. I was told 6.25 twice a week if everything checks out ok n I resume use would you recommend 12.5 for my aromasin twice a week?

Ytown82

Milkin do you think if I started the aromasin that would alleviate the pain from possible fluid around the heart? I know you're not a Dr n I still plan on going I'm just figuring it out in case when I go to the Dr he says everything is fine. And would that correct dosage be 12.5? Thanks for ur input.

milkin

Buddy, I am indeed not a Dr. and sure dont want to give you advice that could potentially harm you but yes, one would think that increasing your AI to the correct dosage would help FUTURE conversion of E2. However, you may already have fluid retention around your heart thus causing discomfort. It is a dangerous condition and is know as congestive heart failure. At the very least I would drop some water pills, which you can get over the counter, to shed some water quickly. You will usually have difficulty/discomfort breathing if you are retaining large quantities of water. Remember, this is only if your condition is attributed to water retention, it may very well be something else. Use good judgment here, after it is your health we are talking about here..

milkin

Good Ytown82 and good luck. If you would, keep the community posted if this was indeed related to AAS usage since it would provide information to others who may experience similar symptoms. By keeping our forums updated with member experiences, we can all help each other out in one way or the other. 

I cant breath !

Ytown82

Hey Milkin went to the drs today and according to him he believes its a pulled muscle in my chest. I had quit lifting for about three months then came back into pretty hard n when I started pinning I picked it up even more so that's prob what happened. He had me take an EKG took pulse, blood pressure, listened to my heart n is pretty satisfied that's what it is. I did tell him I started taking test two weeks ago n had not started my estrogen blocker yet. I was completely open with what I was doing so he could help me the best. I'm now gonna go back in 5 wks which will be 7 wks into my 15 WK cycle of test cup for blood work. He agreed n tools me to come in. Around that time is when I'll post my source review of my gear n gains so far. I wanted to give it time so I could post a complete review n by then I'll be halfway in with shat ice taken n had my blood work done to see if I'm on the right track n everything is going good. I'll keep you guys posted n thanks again for ur input Milkin much appreciated.

milkin

Whew, well that good new even it it does consist of a minor injury. You did the right thing Ytown82 and hopefully others will follow your lead when it comes to seeking medical attention. Especially when it comes to ones heart. You only go around once so take care of whet you were given.

Many, many people fear going to the doctor, why I don not know. You doctor is there for you and keeping him informed as to what you are putting into you body is mandatory. You will receive the speech, get the lecture, but the bottom line is he will know how to effectively diagnose you. It's like trying to tune a car without it running, doc simply needs to be in the loop. Especially since everyone should be getting bloods.

Again, hats off to you bro,thanks for sharing, ans a speedy recovery to you.

Ytown82

Appreciate it Milkin and I totally agree that's why I decided to tell him. How's he suppose to properly diagnose me unless he knows all the factors. Its pointless to have him sit there guessing when I know what's going on. And ya I got the lecture too but like you said he now knows so if something comes up he'll know what direction to go in and wants to do bloods on me to make sure everything is going good. This is why kids out of high school aren't ready for AAS yet because the maturity level, and knowledge, isn't there they just want to get "big". Thanks for your input and as always this is a great site with tons of knowledge in it, you just gotta ask.

Vincevega

Why not run d-Bol with test for a 1st cycle, I got great gains with that combo. But everyone reacts different to gear

Ytown82

I plan on adding dbol to my next cycle but for my first one everyone recommended test only so I can gauge the sides n know what's goin on in my next cycle when I add something. It was great advice n I was very pleased with my gains on test c only. Taking some time off n gonna run pct n go from there.