53 yo on TRT wanting to do a blast with Deca

Galactus

Hello! My first post. I'm 53 and in good shape at 205 pounds, 5'9". I've been lifting for 27 years.

I've been on TRT for years and I inject Cypionate at 45mL every 5 days. Usually comes out to around 120 mg a week.

I have not done a cycle in 15-20 years and have only done 1.5 cycles in my life.

I have about 12mL of Deca at 200 mg/mL and I was thinking about taking 200 mg of Deca every week for 11-12 weeks (until it runs out). This would be on top of my TRT mentioned above, no extra test.

1. Is this stupid?
2. If not, what could I expect to see for gains?
3. How should I ramp up calories? Will take a while for gains to show so should I gradually increase some calories, esp protein?

Thank you!
G

D

Deleted member 45086

200/week of Deca might not produce much muscle growth. Really around 400/week for 12 weeks is a standard dosage for first deca cycle. 200 week will make your joints feel youthful again and you might see a little strength and muscle gains.

Galactus

200/week of Deca might not produce much muscle growth. Really around 400/week for 12 weeks is a standard dosage for first deca cycle. 200 week will make your joints feel youthful again and you might see a little strength and muscle gains.
Thanks Bigbelly - maybe I'll shoot for 300mg if I can find more Deca. I don't need to bloat up to much, just want to try and add a few pounds...

D

Deleted member 45086

Thanks Bigbelly - maybe I'll shoot for 300mg if I can find more Deca. I don't need to bloat up to much, just want to try and add a few pounds...
Since you're keeping your dose low don't be afraid to run deca for 14-16 weeks. I think you will be satisfied with what you are after 😜

D

Deleted member 45086

Hey I forgot to answer your calorie question.
Get MyFitnessPal on your phone and find your BMR, increase that by 500 calories while you are on cycle, if you start putting on fat then drop it down a little or increase your cardio. Try to balance your macros at a ratio of 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fats. Your protein intake needs to be around 250-300 grams daily. Remember protein and carbs 4cal/gram and fats are 9cal/gram. Good luck 🤞

bobby ricky

Hello! My first post. I'm 53 and in good shape at 205 pounds, 5'9". I've been lifting for 27 years.

I've been on TRT for years and I inject Cypionate at 45mL every 5 days. Usually comes out to around 120 mg a week.

I have not done a cycle in 15-20 years and have only done 1.5 cycles in my life.

I have about 12mL of Deca at 200 mg/mL and I was thinking about taking 200 mg of Deca every week for 11-12 weeks (until it runs out). This would be on top of my TRT mentioned above, no extra test.

1. Is this stupid?
2. If not, what could I expect to see for gains?
3. How should I ramp up calories? Will take a while for gains to show so should I gradually increase some calories, esp protein?

Thank you!
G
Also keep your testosterone higher than your deca. I always keep testosterone at least 100 mgs higher per week.

Galactus

Also keep your testosterone higher than your deca. I always keep testosterone at least 100 mgs higher per week.
Are you on TRT? I'm worried about bumping everything and kind of want to just do one thing so I can evaluate what works and doesn't work. I'm not looking for as much bulk as possible... I'm perfectly fine with slower, healthier gains :)

bobby ricky

Are you on TRT? I'm worried about bumping everything and kind of want to just do one thing so I can evaluate what works and doesn't work. I'm not looking for as much bulk as possible... I'm perfectly fine with slower, healthier gains :)
Yes I’m on trt. You don’t even know what higher testosterone will do so you need to try that first before u add in another compound like deca. I imagine that you’re on test cyp. Take 400 mgs per week split into 2 200 mg shots say Sunday and Wednesday. Do this for 12-16 weeks then drop back to your trt dose.

Stay on trt for about 3 months and before you do another blast pull some bloods and see where you’re at. If everything looks good then run another blast but this time add in deca.
400 mgs test
300 mgs deca
Two shots per week and you can mix them in the syringe. 16 weeks would be a good run with deca and test.

Galactus

Ah, got it. The issue is that my test is doctor-prescribed and I don't have a stockpile. I have the Deca from another online TRT company but I can't order from them until I get a full physical and send them the doctor-signed paper. Doctors aren't super keen on signing this "bill of health" for an online TRT company :(

I'll consider the higher dosage of Cyp (good guess) as that does make sense, but need to get enough for the experiment!

suppsforlife

You should go for online sources to get your gear. Keeping test dosage higher than that of deca is a smart move. If you don't want to get anything else and don't really care about gains, you could add a small dosage of Deca just for your joints such as 50mg/week. alongside TRT.
otherswise, @bobby ricky example above is perfect. 400 mg test 300 mg deca a week for 14-16 weeks then back to TRT is a great cycle to make slow gains!

Galactus

You should go for online sources to get your gear. Keeping test dosage higher than that of deca is a smart move. If you don't want to get anything else and don't really care about gains, you could add a small dosage of Deca just for your joints such as 50mg/week. alongside TRT.
otherswise, @bobby ricky example above is perfect. 400 mg test 300 mg deca a week for 14-16 weeks then back to TRT is a great cycle to make slow gains!
I'm not asking for sources here, but will do my best to scour this forum for possible references and try to do my homework.

Galactus

Oooh, found Ultima-TriTest 400 Blend (Testosterone Enanthate, Testosterone Cypionate, Testosterone Decanoate) that looks interesting. That would mean .5cc 2x weekly which lasts 10 weeks with one bottle. That seems good. Or I could go simple with Testosterone C 200.

D

Deleted member 45086

Ah, got it. The issue is that my test is doctor-prescribed and I don't have a stockpile. I have the Deca from another online TRT company but I can't order from them until I get a full physical and send them the doctor-signed paper. Doctors aren't super keen on signing this "bill of health" for an online TRT company :(

I'll consider the higher dosage of Cyp (good guess) as that does make sense, but need to get enough for the experiment!
Oooh, found Ultima-TriTest 400 Blend (Testosterone Enanthate, Testosterone Cypionate, Testosterone Decanoate) that looks interesting. That would mean .5cc 2x weekly which lasts 10 weeks with one bottle. That seems good. Or I could go simple with Testosterone C 200.
Either is fine. Just giving you a little caution though sometimes those 400-500mg/cc combos cause more post injection pain.

HGH.to

Either is fine. Just giving you a little caution though sometimes those 400-500mg/cc combos cause more post injection pain.
true there. for beginners it's better to go for lower concentrations such as 200 mg/ml. it requires you to use 1 ml instead of 0.5 ml but that's safer/better

bobby ricky

Yes, upper middle-outer. I am curious about subcutaneous injections though have never tried them (except for when I used to do HCG near my navel).
Look up ventral glute inject. If I spelled it right 😂. No pain no lump and don’t have to worry about nerve. And never sore .