All you ever need to know about pinning like a pro

SemperFi

Erase the fear from your thinking. Hitting a nerve is not uncommon. Being painful to the degree that you might be thinking is NOT common if your injection site is carefully selected based on medical recommendations and experience. Most of the time hitting a nerve is painless but the twitching does set you on edge the first couple of times it happens... with experience comes confidence.

SEMPER FI

siegmund

thats crazy ,

i have the exact same issue , no problem right leg but the left. ,SOB  every time i just to inject im hitting a nerve or something. , theres actually 1 spot below a old scar ,if i get that just right im fine. , if not. im pulling out and changing tips till i find it , its not uncommon to go tru 3 tips at xs 

Dolf

When I was new to aas I'd back out and hit another spot, but now I just keep pushing. TBH though this issue only occurs in my quads. Glutes, delts, and pecs never had a problem.

SemperFi

Only in the quads as well... but I purposely do not avoid them because I have never experienced pain when hitting a nerve. I now like to see "IF" I hit a nerve in the quad. Its not that I am hoping to but I am prepared for it when it happens.

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

Are you saying localized steroid use reduces the number of nerve endings in that specific area? ;)

SEMPER FI

Dolf

That's a great theory. I never really pondered on why? I just figured I quit being such a pussy, and it didn't bother me as much. 

Seriously though I just always figured like anything else once you do it enough times you get accustomed to it and it doesn't even phase you anymore.

SemperFi

I agree with Blaster. With experience we just know the preferred areas and instinctively go there. I have three or four on each side.

SEMPER FI

Dolf

Those are mine too, but I'm scared to say that because it makes us sound like a bunch of like minded sheep!

SemperFi

Those are my spots of choice on you as well... there are a few other spots on you I could point out that I like also.. Opps... Did I say that out loud?!

SEMPER FI

strong

I blast my Quads, pecs, shoulders. I've used other spots like tri's and lats a few times before. I still never pinned the butt cheeks.  I have recently started pinning the very top of the outside quad and it has been pipless. I am running long esters this cycle which is like a cake walk... 

strong

Sure have... You ever finish up pinning the quad and pull the needle out and blood shoots across the room? 

Tlift

Thanks guys that had me worrying lol, it just sounds painful. By the way I just ordered some of the thin wall 25g/1" .. Can't wait to see the difference!

You're going to love it. Flow of a 23G making a hole of a 25G!

You didn't happen to find them that use the Eclipse shielding system, did you? I would buy a 1000 if I could find thin walls that use that system!

Dolf

I've heard others say that's happened to them, but I've never had that happen. 

I used to use the Z-Track method a lot which makes pinning bloodless. Never need a bandaid.