Coached Contest Prep Log

swolesam

That new coach is getting the STORM out !! :)   This is quite exciting log, and i'm enjoying following through. 

When you get a chance, i want to walk through the supplement regimn he structured for you, more specifically the timing of things. What and when and what dosage.

calmb4dastorm

Coach and I trained together Chest and biceps..to complete failure. My arms felt like overcooked ramen noodles. I had to literally pick my left arm up with the right one a couple of times. Pump was awesome, I flexed and ended up just taking my shirt off altogether because I needed to see everything. In between sets, he had me posing, so really there was no rest...posing is hard work for any of those who don't know. Forget DOMS, I had immediate onset muscle soreness. AND I AM OUT OF EPSOM SALTS!!! HA! LEG TOMORROW WILL BE BRUTAL WITH HIM AND HIS WIFE, IM SURE...not looking forward because I want to be able to walk around the grocery store afterwards, but may need the zoom zoom cart! Rotflmbo

He mentioned the Haney Games...again. I was adamant about not doing it. I told him I didn't budget for it , and besides that, I don't want to display my wares until I FEEL LIKE I WANT TO! He admitted its a bit selfish of him asking me to do it, especially just to throw salt at people talking shit. He wants to shock folk. Ain't nobody got time for that!  I told him, I'm going to start covering all the way up to train..long sleeves coming out of the storage.

I told him I WILL PUT ON A SHOW IN MARCH. FTDS, PUNK ass bitches coming fake and talking shit ...Im coming REAL with it!!! 

calmb4dastorm

9/17/16--Trained legs with him today. I was wobbly walking out. Lower back/upper glute was spasming so badly I couldn't finish my plie' squats. My quads, omg, I'm weak right now. Walking is a feat. I need crutches!! We posed of course and he listened to my song so he can get a feel of how he should plan my routine. Nothing fast...slow graceful movements as I am a Beauty and a Beast at the same time. He says, walk on stage... choose a male judge...make eye contact...then pose and smile for him....

Beginning next week, I will train Wednesday and Saturdays with him, So I will update this log weekly on Saturdays. 

Stay tuned..next Saturday is weigh in, body fat measurements and progress pics in my suit!

strong

Nice Job Calm, You Beautiful beast... I Love you and the gentleman sandwiched between our posts. I'm so thankful for you guys. You have both taught me that there are still tough hard working people in this world....

calmb4dastorm

I love you more!!! I am glad to have found you all here at MG! You all are living proof that love really knows no limits...and has no bounds!!! 

calmb4dastorm

into CARB SCHEDULING...not happy at all WITH 75G DAYS ESPECIALLY

Carb Schedule:

Day1 75 grams

Day2: 150 grams

Day3: 300 grams

Day4: 75 grams

Day5: 150 grams

Day6: 75 grams 

Day7: 7hr cheat day (aren't there 24 hours in a day) smh

Post workout meal 

40 grams whey isolate 

3 rice cakes

1 tbsp honey

You will continue to eat this meal on the days you train. This meal does not count towards the carb count for the day. (thank goodness)

Carb sources:

rice, pasta, jasmine rice, white rice, white potato, sweet potato, red potato, cream of rice, grits, oats, Ezekial Bread 

HAS ME COUNTING GRAINS OF RICE!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS SCROUNGING FOR CARBS TODAY AND JUST NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. BUT I GET TO DOUBLE UP TOMORROW!!!!

calmb4dastorm

I have been easing back into the gym..nice and slow like. I walked in yesterday, the guy at the desk says, "Here comes one of our Pro's!" it was definitely an ego booster. The manager says, I have seen you in a while, everything ok? I like my gym. It's small with a customer oriented staff and I can get my grunt on without a lunk alarm! hehehe

SemperFi

Calm,

Can you further explain what you are looking to accomplish with this schedule? I can venture to guess but I do not want to assume anything. Thanks in advance for expending on this.

Consider imperial black rice as well.

SEMPER FI

Little K

My coach had me eating a slice once a day in the beginning of prep with half a banana. I lasted a week and asked him if I could swap out the slice for the other half of the banana lol. He said yes luckily. I'm not a fan of Ezekiel bread. 

Do you like bananas, Calm?

calmb4dastorm

Bread, I've never seen in real life. I have no desire to try it either, so it will never make my shopping list. Lmbo. I love bananas...if I eat one it's hard to stop until the entire bunch is gone. I won't eat them if they are beginning to get the brown spots.  I like mine slightly green.. fruit will be on a cheat day. My meals are primarily  meat, rice, vegetable..

calmb4dastorm

He has not explained what he hopes to accomplish with this change. I've not met with him in over a week.  He cancelled last couple of sessions due to being in hospital.  He emailed me this last night  and told me to let him do his job and , stop back loading my meals. 

Little K

If you have room for banana carbs since you're so far out from your show. I got my daily banana taken away a few weeks ago and we are going to be cutting back on sugars soon. I'm the opposite with how I like my bananas. I like em with some brown spots and when they're too brown to eat on their own I use them to make banana bread. Think I just figured out what my post show treat is going to be. :)

Looks like you have a lot of carb options.

calmb4dastorm

Least glad I have options. I just don't want to get too lean right now. I was 10.1% body fat September 3rd. And I'm 7 months out. I stressed that  not trying to be 5% bf on stage.  I went in at 9% show day in march. I guess I needed to be a little bit leaner but not too much. And not too fast

blastthru23

Damn thats brutal! The least amount of carbs I've ever done was 168/day, and i felt i was going into ketosis for the first 2 weeks. Whats the concomitant amount of protein and fat if you don't mind me asking. 

calmb4dastorm

I have not done the calculations,  but my meals are as follows 

Meal 1:

4 egg whites
   1 omega 3 eggs

CLA, Fish Oil, Fat Burner, L-Carintine, L-Glutamine 2g, Multi Vitamin, ALA, Chromium picolinate

Meal 2:
    6 oz 90-10 ground beef, chicken, ground turkey
    3-4 oz green veggie

Meal 3:
    8oz (90-10 ground beef, chicken, ground turkey)
    3oz green veggies
.5 tbsp coconut oil
ALA, Chromium Picolinate
Fat Burner

Meal 4:
    6oz ground turkey
    3oz green veggie
ALA, Chromium picolinate

Meal 5:
    8oz (grass fed beef, ribeye, salmon, pork tenderloin, chicken thighs
    3-4 oz green veggie
   .5 tbsp. coconut oil