First cycle

skullywooly

Hey all. So after quiet a long time natty I've decided to take the plunge. So I'm 45, been training since I was in my late teens. Competed in strongman, highland games and more recently powerlifting. My last comp I did bench and deadlift 155kg bench and 250kg deadlift so my training is good. I've spent the last 12 months sorting my diet and getting that much better. I'm not looking to put on bulk just better recovery for my training.
Had my bloods done before I began and everything is in the normal range
So far I'm only on 40mg/day of T-bol and was planning on adding 20mg/day of Anavar.
Is there anything I would be wise to add in for liver health and after I finish the cycle.

Lee.the.Demi.Human

Hey all. So after quiet a long time natty I've decided to take the plunge. So I'm 45, been training since I was in my late teens. Competed in strongman, highland games and more recently powerlifting. My last comp I did bench and deadlift 155kg bench and 250kg deadlift so my training is good. I've spent the last 12 months sorting my diet and getting that much better. I'm not looking to put on bulk just better recovery for my training.
Had my bloods done before I began and everything is in the normal range
So far I'm only on 40mg/day of T-bol and was planning on adding 20mg/day of Anavar.
Is there anything I would be wise to add in for liver health and after I finish the cycle.
Yeah neither of those compounds aromatise but will suppress Testosterone production. With low Testosterone you'll become deficient in Estrogen, which is counter productive.

Gotta pin test to run orals effectively.

And milk thistle, TUDCA, liv52 and NAC are commonly used to help liver.

Lee.the.Demi.Human

125mgs per week of properly dosed test a week is enough to simulate a good natural level. 600mgs a week is the point the results diminish at a more rapid rate, but the compound is dose dependant.

zakco

My question is why the orals? If you're just looking for better recovery why not test with mast to control estrogen? You can run it in low doses for a long time and keep the liver healthy. I realize mast doesn't work the same in everyone but I always run mast with test and I need no AI.

skullywooly

So if I'm doing 125mg test for the duration of the cycle, do I come off it at the same time as the orals and do a post cycle therapy to get the body back to its normal production of testosterone. I did get my test checked before and it's on the lower end of Normal

suppsforlife

My question is why the orals? If you're just looking for better recovery why not test with mast to control estrogen? You can run it in low doses for a long time and keep the liver healthy. I realize mast doesn't work the same in everyone but I always run mast with test and I need no AI.
orals do come with their benefits. yeah, they are liver toxic, but you just can't deny their efficiency.
but if you're asking @skullywooly why would he run orals alone, then yeah... that's a mistake
So if I'm doing 125mg test for the duration of the cycle,
125 mg/week?
I did get my test checked before and it's on the lower end of Normal
while you were on steroids?

suppsforlife

well, your T levels are likely to be even lower now. If you are naturally low at your age, you may consider TRT. 125 mg/week is something like a TRT. you could go for 300 mg/week as a cycle. for how long you've been on orals?
If you don't want to TRT and you've been on orals for a while, there's a chance you may need to start the PCT now or sometime soon.

suppsforlife

if you feel fine, and especially if you would consider TRT, you should add an injectable Test. Go for the Enanthate version (may even go for Propionate but it requires EOD injections)

skullywooly

Well I have just purchased test so I won't start on the Anavar till I've Done a couple of weeks of test. Would you suggest stopping the turinibol now and wait till I have the test and start again.

skullywooly

So been doing some thinking and going by your guys advice......I'm gonna stop the t Bol now......give it a couple of weeks and go get my test levels checked and see where they are and if I could qualify for trt and then go from there.......do it the right way and not end up doing more harm than good by guessing

suppsforlife

Well I have just purchased test so I won't start on the Anavar till I've Done a couple of weeks of test. Would you suggest stopping the turinibol now and wait till I have the test and start again.
yeah, that would be a better idea. and if you run Tbol, don't run Anavar. and vice versa. both are liver toxic. Only run both when you have enough experience with each, and only in lower doses ( to avoid liver toxicity).
So been doing some thinking and going by your guys advice......I'm gonna stop the t Bol now......give it a couple of weeks and go get my test levels checked and see where they are and if I could qualify for trt and then go from there.......do it the right way and not end up doing more harm than good by guessing
if you stop the use of ALL suppressing steroids, have at least a couple of weeks of Nolvadex (or clomid) as a PCT

Gainz.

Not sure how I missed this, but glad my brothers stepped in!
But yup... Men need to inject test!
Only women run oral only cycles.

2 weeks of tbol is going to suppress you but you'll be ok to just come off.
You'll feel a little shitty for a week or 2.

You're first bloods should have told you what you needed to know... 2 weeks of tbol shouldn't mess you up that much.

If your test was below 700... Start trt... But only if you're truly committed to injections twice a week for the rest of your life!
It's a big decision... Treat it as such!
If you're not... And you just want to do a cycle and already had blood work done..
There's no reason to wait and do them again.
Get it your test and run 300mg per week for 12-16 weeks.

But... At 45 years old... Just start trt. You're going to fuckin love it!
Start with 125mg per week.
Wait 8 weeks and then get your bloods done. Then you can adjust your dosage.
You want to be between 800-1100ng/dl.
Any lower and you're wasting your money. Any higher and you will be running into prostate and cholesterol issues.

Either way... In my opinion... No reason to wait and get bloods done again. Not after only 2 weeks of tbol. You're talking about... 12 days of suppression. I really don't think that's gonna fuck you up so much you need bloods again.
Especially if you're like the rest of us and have to pay $250-350 for blood work.

skullywooly

Thanks for you input.....so my original bloods didn't check test levels just routine bloods which everything is in good health. The one I'm doing on Tuesday is for test. Lucky enough it's only €20 for the bloods to be done at my doctor's office so it's somewhere to start. I do intend to do the trt but I'd rather get it through a prescription from the doctor so I can have it all above board.........