Getting tired of chicken...

blastthru23

again. Feels like I have to choke it down. I look down to see 3-4 pieces left with a bit of rice and some asparagus lurking in corners of my meal container... let me eat that right quick... barely a spoonful (spoon full?)! Here, ill put some hot sauce on it, maybe that’ll work, to choke down these last 25 grams give or take. Nope, still choking, and my tongue is on fire. Where’s the beef!!?? I don’t know, the fricken store, dude. Go get some. But I just bought about 12 pounds of bird meat, man... well, dude scarf down hella peanut butter, bet you got a tub or two at home (what a whiny bitch this blaster m-fer... bet he’d rather choke the chicken lol).

Eat nasty tasteless shit, but look fantastic naked. Works for me (most of the time just not at the moment)

SemperFi

You know life is weird... Blaster your post is spot on in some ways but miss the mark in others for me. I have come to realize that life is meant to be enjoyed to the fullest. If I can't enjoy life because what I am eating is hindering that then I change what I am eating. ;) The great thing about food is that are so many HEALTHY options it never gets boring. I can still eat with the mindset of "What the food will do for me tomorrow" but I do not have to limit my options.

Limited choices is a great starting point I believe those newer or have trouble with a healthy diet. But for those who h\have the discipline and the mindset then by all means.... think outside the box. ;)

Keep pressing forward Blaster. You are an inspiration and a cool cat.

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

The funny thing is that I kinda get off on the disciplined diet, even though I usually switch it up on weekends (beef, fish, pasta, ice cream with the kiddo (she keeps me in line nevertheless; taught her well). 

I need to come up with a different way to cook the chicken.., 101 ways to skin a cat, and if that’s true for boneless skinless chicken breast, I must be getting damn close to that! At least insofar as my daily/weekly schedule allows for. I’m leaning towards a sort of schnitzel, pound the stuff flat, and grill it with spices. Pounding 15 pounds of the stuff might be a bit time consuming, ah but for all of the damn excuses!

Youre a pretty cool cat yourself SF :)

strong

Blast. See if you can get ground chk. I get clean ground chk. breast for 1.99 lb.  Make little chk. burgers. They're awesome..

siegmund

×2 and +3    

For me , and i say for me i loving lifting , i love getting all i can be  , BUT THE GREAT THING IS IN NOT ON NO STAGE !!!!AND AT 52 I DON'T PLAN ON IT  .

Chicken and rice is great  but can become boring  , like now  i have Hamburg, 90 s9me percent lean on grill  and coleslaw for a side and sweet potato   

Yesterday was ribs and rice  , along with greens mean8ng , Brockley,cawleyflower,etc  

I like venesen,and pheasant, squirl,and so on  ...

I don't have to stick to 2 diet and will not , this is a hobby and a hobby for most here  , i can have a variety of food ,meet my healthy goals yet enjoy life   

Like i said if i was on stage or planning in it ,im sure if be on a diet like me fix ,etc...but like you said semp, or ill say it i can eat healthy and hit my goals  im 52 and idk if i was 35 this a hobby and i will enjoy both worlds  ...

SemperFi

Its better to burn out than to fade away Siegmund. The Def Leppard way NOT the Neil Young way.

[[{"fid":"37014","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default"},"type":"media","attributes":{"alt":"Def Leppard - Rock Of Ages Music Video","class":"media-element file-default"},"link_text":null}]]

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

Thars a great ider, strong :) Once I get thru this 12 pounds of chic breast, I’ll make the switch. Haven’t checked prices (probably more on the west coast like every damn thing), but I’m sure I’ll find a good deal somewhere. Btw, do u grill outside, or do u have one of those stoves with the built in grill?

blastthru23

[[{"fid":"37015","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default"},"type":"media","attributes":{"alt":"Slayer - Hell Awaits (Live Unholy Alliance)","class":"media-element file-default"},"link_text":null}]]

Griz

Blast,

Maybe you've tried this. But you can look up Stan Efferding's Monster Mash. Basically take your chicken and rice and throw it in a wok or a pan with some chicken stock and it becomes much fucking easier to choke down. Don't make it too soggy. Just a little to wet your beak (see what I did there?) Add in some hot sauce and it's almost like youre eating Qdoba with some queso on it. Almost lol

blastthru23

I like it, it’s going on the menu. Hope I have a big enough pan to do a few days worth (yep I caught the “beak” pun, good one :)

JdDaniel01

shitload of rice, shitload of browned ground chicken, shitload of thawed fresh mixed veggies from the frozen aisle all in a big ass pan or wok. It’s a blank canvas, you can literally add any additional protein, sauces, veggies etc. Basically a swole and healthy version of fried rice. I never make the same batch twice. You can go the low sodium soy sauce route, mexican seasoning and salsa, anything you’re in the mood for. Youre only making it harder on yourself the more you make yourself chew. Also, I like this because it keeps extremely well and needs no heating. I shovel that shit in at least three times a day.

JdDaniel01

Blast, c’mon bruh. the only thing some of us take as seriously as the gym is the grill. If your grill has a cord, or if you have to turn a draft fan on, you’re doing it wrong.. your only possible excuse is that you like to grill naked, but thats never stopped me in the past...

SemperFi

Winner, winner. Chicken Dinner. Keep eating that way and I will be hunting me some Griz.... Skin that Pilgrim and I will get you another.

Best part starts at :50

[[{"fid":"37016","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default"},"type":"media","link_text":null,"attributes":{"alt":"Skin that Grizzly","class":"media-element file-default"}}]]

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

Forgive him JD. He either had a long day at work or is simply just not right in the head.

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

Buddy... grilling can only take place outside! Where you from to think such a blasphemy?! SMH big time. Really thinking hard about giving you thumbs down on that question DeadHead. ;))

SEMPER FI