Getting tired of chicken...

JdDaniel01

George Foreman was a hell of a boxer, but he totally ruined the art of grilling. Now college dorm room rookies think they can stand on the porch by the grill with the big boys. 

SemperFi

George Foreman did not know how to box and he sure as hell ain't a Grill Master. He knew how to punch and sell an overpriced worthless kitchen appliance....period! Ali was a boxer. Sugar Ray was a boxer. Chavez was a boxer. Big George just had big power and a temper to go with it in his youth. ;)

SEMPER FI

ramdisck

Blast my man, well said.

I get tired of eating the same shit everyday too.  I don't have any problem with the meat since i change it often.  i get tired of rice and potatoes.  switch to sweet, bake, boast, broast, fry, grill.  cous cous, quinoia etc  so bland.  What really gets me is that i eat brocolli a lot.  I hate brocolli.  

The one thing that gets me going is knowing that I don't live to eat. I eat to live.  often tire of the eating process (15 minutes) but love sitting down with my family and feeling better after i eat healthy.

ramdisck

Qdoba is just process food.  There's another burrito joint i love.  I enjoy it 5 times a week and have for 15 years.  

1 perservative GMO free tortilla

5 ounces brown rice

4 ounces chicken

1 ounce cheese

1/2 ounce sour cream

and a dash of green salsa for flava.  

on bulk i eat that twice a day.

whenever possible i roll that sucker myself. easy to control the portion and know the nutrients.  just about 1000 calories per shot.

siegmund

Think i need rephrase that , when i said i don't need to stick to diet  , i don't want that confused with eating , a few big Macs, whoppers , ect .

I've been disciplining to keep it healthy. As i can anyway

BobbyO190

I know there is the great 'it's chicken and rice mother$(*&@#$Q@ "  video but outside of that. Why the overt commitment to just chicken?

Venison is better if you can get it.  Beef isn't out of line as long as you make allowance for the fat when having non-lean meat. Fish might be better than chicken for you. Turkey (love smoked turkey and will put it against chicken breast any day) even ground turkey. Tofu. Beans. Eggs. Lots of fun options.  All of which with minor planning will provide the same nutrition benefits of the turkey. 

Your better than me Blast so I will always defer to you on this stuff but when it effects your happiness it will effect your attitude. At that time it's time for variety. 

Darn good thread though. thank you very much for starting it! 

PS: You need a green egg. You can smoke or cook anything in that amazing outdoor oven and make anything taste great!  Cheap off brand options abound. 

blastthru23

So, here's my first recipe for a monster mash (love it, btw):

This is for two carb meals with fat.

8 oz of shredded chicken breast

8 oz of seafood mix (some frozen stuff that has clams, mussels, shrimp and crab)

2.5 c of white rice

Half pound of asparagus

4 tablespoons of avo/coconut oil blend

2 carrots

Half pound of asparagus

Fajita seasoning

Pink salt

A-1 sauce

Chicken breast was cubed, covered with aluminum foil, and baked at 405 for 40 minutes

Rice was made in a rice cooker.

I added about a 1/2 cup of water to help combine the seasonings and give the dish a little moisture.

This was so much more palatable than just straight chicken, rice, oil, and asparagus

Thanks for all the input on this subject. I find myself painting myself into a corner with all of the restrictions I place on myself. I get comfortable all to often in the box I create...

blastthru23

Tastes great, and didn’t sttray from the target ratios. Thanks for pointing to the exit, from my cozy box that is, to a new vast world of possibilities.

SemperFi

Sounds good.... I would use imperial black rice or brown rice. My ifestyle has me avoiding certain ingredients. Lucky for me my favorite Sushi joint has an organic brown rice option and they don't add any sugar. BTW- if you eat out for sushi and are limiting sugar be advised that traditional sushi rice is made with added sugar. Its a small amount (1Tbsp per cup) but added sugar nevertheless.

SEMPER FI

JdDaniel01

I cook my chicken in the slow cooker then use a hand mixer to shred it. Works like a dream and you can make a huge pot of it and not have to sit there dicking around with forks...

SemperFi

I use an InstaPot.... they rock! Frozen to fully cooked in less than 30 minutes. BTW- Elk back ribs are currently on the barbie. ;)

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

I shred it by smashing it in my hands. But, I do need to get a king sized slow cooker something that will about 12 lbs or so of chicken breast, ideally anyways. 

I agree, I have better things to dick... around with lol

SemperFi

Probably wont get that much chicken in there but it would be close if you cut the breasts to fit. There is a max fill line for pressure and moisture so you don't fill the pot to the top. I KNOW i could get an entire Griz (he's a small man) in mine. ;))

SEMPER FI

JdDaniel01

Man, I love elk with a passion. I could easily switch to elk full time. In my area, we can get excellent grass fed free range bison. That’s probably my second favorite