Getting tired of chicken...

blastthru23

I cut the breasts into cubes (1x1/2x2) before baking. I'd probably do the same for the InstaPot. Then shred the stuff one way or another. Its not that I don't like chicken, its just that bland non-taste that gets to me after awhile. Now, thanks to you guys, I'm off to a new world of chicken eating. Wish I could get some venison or the like here in the big city... Feel like heading to N. Carolina or Tennessee sometimes...maybe even back to Michigan, but NOT Detroit. It'll be awhile...

JdDaniel01

Well? How the hell were they? I hope I know you well enough by now to trust that you didn’t screw them up with a bunch of sauce...

SemperFi

They were the bomb. Dry rub (Dizzy Pig) with a small amount of homemade bourbon finishing sauce. Had fresh picked cast iron green beans, sweet potato and white wine marinated grilled portabella. Only had to cook one shroom because it was huge and the wife isn't a big eater.

I slow cook my ribs on indirect heat and place a pan of water/apple juice over the coals. Adds a little steam to the mix and prevents the ribs from drying out... As you know elk is lean and if it is cooked wrong it will get dry.

I have a rack still on the warmer... waiting for Blast to walk through the door. ;)

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

this one is basically the same as the other except I used a dry rub mixture, added 2 eggs and used frozen mixed veggies instead of asparagus. This is for two meals tomorrow. Tried to upload a pic from my phone but failed somehow. I think you will get the picture in your head anyways.

1 pound of shredded chicken breast (maybe smashed is more accurate, not gonna dick around with a fork, good thinking JD!)

2 cups of white rice

2 whole eggs

3 tablespoons of avo/coconut oil (would have done 1/4 cup but the tolls have fat)

mixed veggies

A-1 sauce (might subtract this ingredient as it may be just a little over powering in the taste department)

blastthru23

Still up I’m panther meadows, the sunset was mesmerizing and beat of drum from hippy drum circle put me in trance... Freyja came to visit with a few Valkyries... pure magic

wonderpunk24

Yo Blast look into Sous Vide (pronounced “SUE-VEED” cooking. It has changed my life, and that’s not an exaggeration. It is a cooking technique that involves cooking meats in a vacuum-sealed plastic bag. The bag is submerged in water (in a pot) and the water is heated and circulated by a sous vide device. Hard to explain on here, but if you want perfectly cooked, moist chicken, here’s your ticket. Seriously YouTube that shit. It’s a game-changer.

XxPhoenixX

This looks really fucking good.  I've got some shopping to do so I'll give this a go.

I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of muscles and clam, though. Do you think just the crab and chicken by themselves would throw it off?

blastthru23 said:
</p><p>So, here's my first recipe for a monster mash (love it, btw):</p><p>This is for two carb meals with fat.</p><p>8 oz of shredded chicken breast</p><p>8 oz of seafood mix (some frozen stuff that has clams, mussels, shrimp and crab)</p><p>2.5 c of white rice</p><p>Half pound of asparagus</p><p>4 tablespoons of avo/coconut oil blend</p><p>2 carrots</p><p>Half pound of asparagus</p><p>Fajita seasoning</p><p>Pink salt</p><p>A-1 sauce</p><p>Chicken breast was cubed, covered with aluminum foil, and baked at 405 for 40 minutes</p><p>Rice was made in a rice cooker.</p><p>I added about a 1/2 cup of water to help combine the seasonings and give the dish a little moisture.</p><p>This was so much more palatable than just straight chicken, rice, oil, and asparagus</p><p>Thanks for all the input on this subject. I find myself painting myself into a corner with all of the restrictions I place on myself. I get comfortable all to often in the box I create...</p><p>
</p>

JdDaniel01

I’ve wanted to give that a shot for a while now. The circulators are so affordable there’s really no excuse not to have it at your disposal..

blastthru23

The seafood stuff was a just a frozen mixture I got for cheap so I through it in. I mix it into my egg whites at night once in awhile, or some Canadian bacon. I look for protein sources to switch it up, and grab whatever is cheap and looks at least ok.  I don't think just crab meat would throw it off, really the clams and mussels add some weird texture and taste, but I like it, anything to add a change to regular :)

SemperFi

PM is a beautiful place... especially in the late spring. Stay frosty... Are you going to make it to higher elevations?

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

I really like my Sous Vide also. I under cook steak slightly in it and then sear them in a cast iron pan with sage butter.

SEMPER FI

BobbyO190

What a fun thread and thanks guys. I will steal some from this. A couple of quick sides.  First, SF the funny ass dig at Griz had me truly laughing.

Second, why do so many or you choose white rice vs brown or preferably natural unprocessed rice?  I am obviously not a huge fan or white rice or white flour but I prefer non processed regardless so maybe I am missing out on some value, it's why I ask. Thanks.

blastthru23

In August, my daughter and I will be in Squaw for a week, it'll be her fourth year up there where the water runs like liquid diamonds :)

blastthru23

Yep, its never the same thing twice...I do a version with eggs instead of meat, fucking fantastic, and easy as sin. I get these taco, enchilada, dry rub shit for grilling in little packets, and dump some of that in the food, sometimes a little of each, or some A-1 sauce varieties. The combinations seem endless :)

blastthru23

I love broccoli and asparagus, but now I'm just grabbing a bag of frozen mixed veggies mostly for the convenience factor when it comes to meal prepping. Last week, it was some asian mix, this week it looks like summer squash, cauliflower and carrots. And, since adopting this monster mash idea I actually put on a couple of pounds more or less.

SemperFi

One of the very best ever.... I try and catch it at least once a year along with Cool Hand Luke and The Outlaw Josie Wales. ;)

SEMNPER FI

SemperFi

I just came off a four day'er in the high lakes on the PCT. Bagged some nice brooks, rainbows and cutties. I would like to die up there someday. ;)

SEMEPR FI