Grocery List

SharonKY

For all of us newbies (and maybe some vets out there), post what's on your grocery list. 

Here's mine

Edamame (I am obsessed with this food)Salmon
Shrimp
Tilapia
Chicken
broccoli
Jasmine rice
Half and Half
Pelligrino water

There are other items, depending on what I am cooking for the week, but there are my staples. 

Outlawthing

Almond milk tuna chicken salmon  veggies like broccoli  potatoes  I don't really do. bread these days  eggs   Peanut butter powdered that's bout it if something fresh like fish or a nice meat catches my eye I'll grab it like tilapia is a steak  we got green beans squash zuchinni and tomatoes from the garden canned  I have some special pasta and rice I eat on occasion it is very healthy   bs in it 

Dolf

Chicken Breast (10lb bags)

96/4 Heart healthy hamburger 

Sirloin steak

Tuna

White rice

Sweet potatoes

Asparagus 

Carrots

Broccoli 

Whole green beans

Mushrooms

Almonds 

Peanut butter 

Steel cut oatmeal

Dried berries

Coconut sugar

Eggs

Turkey breakfast sausage

Dolf

C'mon...I've got chicken and more chicken. 

I've been making a sauce to go on my chicken. 1/4 cup of a good quality Italian dressing, 3tbs balsamic vinegar, and 2tsp local raw honey.

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan. Stir while bringing to a boil, and simmer for a minute or two.

I fry chicken in olive oil or rub chicken in olive oil and bake. Just drizzle some sauce over the chicken for a good tangy flavor. Ive got a good recipe with green beans, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, and chicken thats delicious with this sauce. 

calmb4dastorm

Scrumptious!!!! I haven't had chicken with the Italian dressing, but I pour it over my tilapia and bake it in the Italian dressing! I'm going to try the above, I've run out of ways to cook chicken, so this sounds refreshing!

Dolf

There's a rub made by Weber called Smokey Mesquite. It makes chicken taste so delicious. http://www.weberseasonings.com/product/smokey-mesquite-seasoning

calmb4dastorm

ONe, use it on beef, never thought to jazz up my chicken with it! It's on and popping now, I bought a ton of those Weber seasonings

csancheezy

tilapia, tuna, white rice ,brown rice, chicken, turkey ground, and turkey burgers unseasoned, lentils, pasta, Alexia 98% fat free smart fries, whole wheat buns, hummus, raisin bran, flax, olive oil, coconut oil, bananas, apples, pears, broccoli, spinach, spring mix, Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese dressing by Opa!, cabbage, whole milk, yard eggs from my friends farm, almond milk, tomato sauce for pasta, coffee... thats a little sample of mine 

ramdisck

greek yogurt

whole oats

mixed nuts

whole milk

eggs

wheat bread

those are my staples every week.  I buy meals 2 days at a time.  usually meat, veg, starch rotating rice, potato and pasta. proteins rotate chicken pork steak. wrestling season makes it difficult to plan a week at a time. can't let food go to waste.

calmb4dastorm

I love myself some PORK STEAKS, marinated in Dale's marinade, seasoned with onion powder and then grilled to perfection!!! Delicious

milkin

Like this diet talk. Almond milk, eggs, chicken, lean beef, whole grain breads, peanut butter, almond butter, almonds, dark green leafy veggies like spinach, and plenty of beans. Love beans I put then on everything. 

SharonKY

I am bad...I get duck eggs from a local farmer when they are in season...and chicken eggs from him the rest of the year. :)

Im also a big fan of tofu...my husband things Im crazy.....

Thank you all for sharing...you are helping me build a more rounded and wider variety of foods to keep on hand.  Keep it coming!! :)

SharonKY

I wish I could eat pork..it doesnt sit well in the pouch....neither does steak.  I eat it, but I always know its going to make me ill....I'm stubborn sometimes.

ramdisck

I like the honey.

Most nutritionists say you should use plain yogurt and sweeten naturally with honey, berries, or syrup. I gave up that bitter shit and go for presweetened.