How Did You First Get Introduced To The Gym?

JSom

That's definitely a motivating factor right there! wanting to get bigger. is that actually you in the pictures?

Each person has their own motivation. Not so long ago, I started counting the calories I eat. I thought it was a more productive way to maintain your weight.

Maniac1130

Each person has their own motivation. Not so long ago, I started counting the calories I eat. I thought it was a more productive way to maintain your weight.
For sure. That's the successful way to weight gain/weight loss = calories in vs calories out. Need to know your BMR and you can successfully gain or lose weight.

Gainz.

Bringing back a year old post... but ok.
I grew up a bad kid, fights drugs.. not a nice person. But I grew up skinny... really skinny. Didn't stop me from beating ass, but I still hated how skinny I was.
When I graduated high school I was 5'8 112lbs. I did wrestling and Greco Roman but didn't lift weights. About a year after high school when I got my own place I decided to start building muscle. I also kept getting taller. By 24 I was 6ft 175lb and had a few years of boxing and BJJ under my belt. I kept boxing for a little bit after.
But my vanity... and lifestyle.. my need to look more intimidating and the need to handle myself is what brought me to the gym.
The gym is what also changed my life.
I'm now clean and sober, and haven't hit anyone in 3 years... but trust me he deserved it. He wanted to get drunk and throw his gf around... so I made him my bitch 😂🤣

Aussie

Vaginismus

Vaginismus is an involuntary tensing of the vagina. People experience it at the start of sex, while inserting a tampon or while getting a pelvic exam. Vaginismus can make intercourse painful (dyspareunia). Kegels, vaginal dilators and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help relax muscles and stop spasms.

mariamirabela

Thanks for sharing your story; it's always interesting to hear how people first got into fitness and the gym! It was actually through a friend who was really into weightlifting and bodybuilding. I had always been active but only really focused on building muscle or strength once I started working out with him.
Plenty of resources are available online if anyone is looking to get into fitness but needs someone to show them the ropes, as my friend did.

BulkinWes

I was a whopping 140 lbs when I graduated high school at 5’11” and decided I wanted to bench 405 lol 2 yrs later boom

Gainz.

E

Lmao even the Dr was like why don’t you say your 6ft I was like I’m not a fuckn liar is why hahahaha
Hahaha I just feel like a douche if I say I'm 6ft... and a half..

Feels like I'm 3 years old... "I'm 3 and three quarters... but I'll be 4 in January"
No one cares about a half inch 🤣😂

mariamirabela

Thanks for sharing your story; it's always interesting to hear how people first got into fitness and the gym! It was actually through a friend who was really into weightlifting and bodybuilding. I had always been active but only really focused on building muscle or strength once I started working out with him.
Plenty of resources are available online if anyone is looking to get into fitness but needs someone to show them the ropes, as my friend did. In particular, some pt courses online can teach you the basics of exercise science and proper form. It's a great way to build knowledge and confidence before hitting the gym.