My Odyssey...

wonderpunk24

This being my very first experience with anabolics, I decided to chronicle the entire experience from start to finish, mostly because I wish something similar would have been available for me when I started this journey. I am a recovered heroin addict, and fitness and weightlifting in particular were critical in pulling myself out of the gutter and living a meaningful, joyful life. I was the guy sleeping behind the dumpster with a needle in his arm, and the desperation and loneliness of that life was all I knew for the better part of a decade. The camaraderie and focus of weightlifting, and the reward system of losing myself in the gym (or on the mountain; rock climbing does the same thing for me) and feeling better afterwards... that’s part of what helped me turn my life around. Now I live a beautiful life with people that I love deeply.

My anabolic journey began with a lot of research and study. Wikipedia, Google, and forums like this one became my best friends. I spent hours and hours just reading… Weighing different opinions, anecdotal evidence, medical journals and peer-reviewed studies. I even had an opportunity to have a sit-down with a former nutritionist for the US Olympic team, during which she berated steroid use and protein supplementation.

All of my learning and study brought me to a point where I was ready to formulate an appropriate diet. There is so much information out there about dieting; whether it be for mass gains, lean mass gains, dirty gainz, weight-loss, ketosis, “clean“ eating, cleanses, raw foods, paleo, and every variation and combination of these that someone could dream up.

I like to approach dieting simply, so I chose the following parameters for my diet:

1. Calorie surplus of 300 calories daily
  2. 220g of protein daily
  3. Eat every two hours

These parameters are all intended to keep my body in an anabolic state. I have been lifting and tracking my macronutrients and calories for a long time, so this part was actually pretty easy for me. There is an incredible app out there called MyFitnessPal, and I highly recommend it. There are a lot of mind-blowing features, so maybe check out a YouTube tutorial... to me it’s super helpful.

I supplement with creatine, Omega-3s, caffeine, BCAAs, glutamine, and a pre-workout.

I’ll kind of be going over my lifting routine throughout this thread, but I allow 72 hours of rest between muscle groups. Hypertrophic resistance training 6 days/week. I do cardio/HIIT training every day.

So with my diet and exercise plans in place, it was time for me to decide on a cycle. I had pretty much settled on what I wanted my first cycle to look like, and reading Dolf’s topic on “first six cycles for beginners” totally solidified my decision. If you are new to AAS, READ THAT DISCUSSION. LET GO IF YOUR EGO, and take suggestions from these guys who have been doing this for decades. With that attitude, I settled on doing a 12-week Test-only cycle. I learned more about aromatase inhibition(avoiding gynecomastia) and post-cycle therapy (PCT). I did what these veterans said and also came up with a PCT regimen BEFORE I jumped into a cycle. A simple 40/40/20/20 Nolvadex cycle.

So it was time for me to find a source. Back to the books. Some things I learned: don’t put it out there in the forums that you’re looking for a source. You will be taken advantage of. Gain a functional knowledge of cryptocurrencies and how that whole system/economy works. Learn about the different anabolics, SERMS, supplements, etc. Learn about suppliers; does it matter if they are foreign or domestic? What is their privacy policy? What is their reputation? Post what you are learning on this and other forums. In doing so, you will start to build relationships with others. Once YOU have done the footwork for yourself, now you can ask people on here for some guidance.

I finally settled on XXXXXX XXXXX Labs for my Testosterone Cypionate, arimidex, and Nolvadex. I simply ordered my pins and syringes from a big-box online retailer. The purchasing process for this can be tricky, but with everything I had learned and read, I was prepared to jump through the hoops. The ordering process was separate from the paying process, and for security purposes, there is no tracking number. BUT the guys and gals at XXXXXX XXXXX are phenomenal. Every email was responded to quickly. They said that my order would ship from a domestic distribution center within two days. After 72 hours of not hearing anything, I got nervous and sent them an email. I got a quick response that he would make sure my package was the next one out the door, and I got a shipping notification less than an hour later!

So that’s where we stand as of right now. I’m stocking the fridge, getting plenty of sleep, and waiting like it’s Christmas Eve.

Thanks for joining me on this journey!***

***Everything in this post, in previous posts, and in future posts is entirely fictional. I am simply making up a narrative to try to fit in with the cool crowd on the internet. I do not engage in illegal trade or the use of banned substances. Any photos or anecdotes contrary to this statement are illustrative only and for entertainment purposes.***

SemperFi

Outstanding! +3 All day long. Thanks for sharing your journey so far.

Take me down the rabbit hole WP.....

[[{"fid":"37031","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default"},"type":"media","attributes":{"alt":"The Pretty Reckless - Take Me Down (Official Music Video)","class":"media-element file-default"},"link_text":null}]]

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

First, I like your writing style. I look forward to more chapters; the intro was fantastic. I am curious what your daily caloric intake is and what are carbs and fat come out too?

Mclovvinn12

Very inspiring and I am intriguing to follow you in your journey I know it's been a hard one for you I know how addiction can take over your life especially that one I don't know about that type of addiction that you had that I know one of similar I had cancer and was taking the pain pills so I do know what it can be like to have that monkey on your back there for decades and he will still reappear when your at you're at your best. I am curious too know your progress and hope you dont faulter because of having those pins at your disposal can be used for not just steroids and could trigger a relapse.   Your report in your expertise researching everything has been excellent understanding you as a person and not just an addict is hopeful and inspiring to know how your cycle turns out and I have gone on a lot of them myself and bad things such as drugs myself because we all think we're invincible which were not infection and other things that I've dealt with over the years has been taken for granted by myself just be careful and read all that you can it looks like you're on the right road though keep the  good work and stay strong and loose all those hard gains that you've worked so hard for.

XxPhoenixX

I was thinking the same thing.  Break it down for us kind sir :) Also, what are your current stats?

Other than that man, I'm excited for ya!  Go kick some ass

SemperFi

Hasn't she though?! And it looks dang good on her... her vocals remind me of Joan in her younger days. 

SEMPER FI

wonderpunk24

Hey thanks for asking guys... I’ve been meaning to post my stats for a while. So this is what I’m working with:

STATS:

165 lbs.

34 years old

5 feet, 7.5 inches

Body fat %: ???

MACROS:

C: 337 - 374

F: 83-92

P: 225 - 250

Kcal: 3000 - 3300

wonderpunk24

So I’m not sure about my bf %. Do those little electronic doohickeys work? The ones where you hold the thinger in front of you with both hands and it calculates your body fat? Here’s a photo... if you were to throw out an estimate, what would you say? I know different people carry fat differently, but it’ll be fun... everyone guess, and Ill get my body fat checked. Whoever’s closest wins!

JdDaniel01

to post A photo, you go down to text format and select filtered. Then you go back to the tool bar above the text box and click the little pic of the tree. Then follow the prompts, there’s either a save, share or next bubble at the bottom of each screen. Sometimes you have to play with it a little bit (get your mind out of the gutter): don’t post it in the open forum though: go to the home page and select add, theN pic, then member photo. Youll get a karma point for it too. You can get one every five days for pics. Mess around with it and if you can’t get it, we will work on it after a wake up a little bit...hope that helps

BobbyO190

+2  well done as always punk. 

Semper Fi: I have a request for you....give us a solid work out playlist! Mine are about all worn out anyway and I need a new one and dude I love your music choices.  Heck from that standpoint - if anyone else has a favorite play list send it to me please. I need some variety.

wonderpunk24

Holy shit it worked! Thanks so much for the info. So what would you guys ballpark for bf %? I’ll find a way to actually determine it and add it to my stats when I can.

ESmetalhead

[[{"fid":"37055","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default"},"type":"media","attributes":{"alt":"Mastodon - Toe to Toes [In-Studio Performance]","class":"media-element file-default"},"link_text":null}]]Heavy but not too heavy check out Mastodon and Clutch  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0weBagBHlk0

SemperFi

Pure guess because of only one angle... 14-16%... based on the beginning of ab definition. Replied to your pic as well.

I would have a better guess if you did it first thing in the morning and I had several angles. 

BTW- the handheld body fat machines are pure crap. Don't waste time or money. Calipers are better and/or find a gym that has a body comp. machine. The body comp machine ain't that accurate but if you use it as your baseline and continue using it for your monitoring you will see if your are progressing in the direction you want to go. The mirror work great for that also. The important thing is to use the same method consistently so you don't get thrown off by a different reading from another method. When you get down and are really interested you could splurge and use a BodPod. That will nail it down with a high degree of accuracy... Oh... Throw the scale away.... Use the mirror. ;)

Here is the Navy Calculator you can do with a measuring tape -

http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy

SEMPER FI