Nick Walker

BulkinWes

So true.....I'm an arms guy. I've seen maybe 3 guys in my gyms over the years that have great fucking arms.....they workout with #30's!!
That’s all you need is 30lbs I have around 18” 3/4 arms and I only use 30lb dumbbells but I do most of them seated then I use 10lb plates one in each hand and curl till failure good for forearm and biceps

BulkinWes

Yup .. some muscles you can get away with it. Biceps are one, shoulders are another. But most muscle groups really need that time under tension and iso.
Too many other muscles try to take over for chest. But a curl... Is a curl.. if you swing wildly or really isolate... You're still going to hit your biceps. Of course iso is better... But either one is going to give you a pump.
But chest and back.. you’re more likely to hit shoulders, biceps and triceps if you aren't trying to iso.
Back you have to focus on pulling with your elbows and using money paw grip is really helpful but I focus on pulling my elbows back but that’s why I think it’s dumb to do back and biceps on the same day cuz your already hitting a lot of bicep reguardless you have to have a separate arm day if you know what your doing in my opinion

Gainz.

And I rarely go higher than 30lb dumbbells for biceps. Only recently have I been pushing heavy weight... But only because I. Trying to increase over strength.
Back you have to focus on pulling with your elbows and using money paw grip is really helpful but I focus on pulling my elbows back but that’s why I think it’s dumb to do back and biceps on the same day cuz your already hitting a lot of bicep reguardless you have to have a separate arm day if you know what your doing in my opinion

I do back and biceps the same day.. but I also have a biceps and triceps day.
Since I've learned to iso my back pretty well, I can get a pretty good lat pump without a bicep pump

BulkinWes

And I rarely go higher than 30lb dumbbells for biceps. Only recently have I been pushing heavy weight... But only because I. Trying to increase over strength.

I do back and biceps the same day.. but I also have a biceps and triceps day.
Since I've learned to iso my back pretty well, I can get a pretty good lat pump without a bicep pump
Your over working your biceps if you do them on back day your already doing them so it’s best to let them rest then do a arm day trust me but biceps don’t get really big anyways it’s hard for them to be huge tricep is where it’s at I have huge triceps

Gainz.

Your over working your biceps if you do them on back day your already doing them so it’s best to let them rest then do a arm day trust me but biceps don’t get really big anyways it’s hard for them to be huge tricep is where it’s at I have huge triceps
I do push, pull, legs, arms (but far more bicep heavy) so there's a 2-3 day break in between. Because some times I'll throw a rest after arms. But I don't workout like a fucking crazy person... I'm never pushing myself to the absolute limit... I'm not getting paid to lift. So I'm not trying to risk injury.
I lift until I get a pump, carry that pump through 3 more sets and call it a day.

But lately my arm day has been
(Warm up)2-3 sets of 15 with 30lbs on my ez bar
1 set of 10 with 60lbs
1 set of 5 with 100lbs
Then depending on how I feel
I either try to max out... 130lb seems to be my sticking point. I can get 125, but 130 feels like it's glued to the fuckin floor!
Or I put 100-110lbs on and see how reps many I can do. So far 10 reps of 100lbs and 8 reps of 110lbs is my best.
Then I drop to 60lbs and rep till failure, then put 30lbs on and rep till failure.
That's my arm day... Pretty much. Once in a while I might throw a little bit of triceps in there or traps.

But my workouts are pretty... Mild. Never really go harder than... Idk 70%. No yelling or screaming... No getting amped up.. just lift till pumped, then 3-4 sets good sets with the pump.
Trust me getting rhabdomyolysis is not something I'm worried about 🤣😂.

suppsforlife

Your over working your biceps if you do them on back day your already doing them so it’s best to let them rest then do a arm day
it depends on your split.
if you work out 3 times a week then it is very common to combine:
back and biceps
chest and triceps
legs and shoulders
as an example.

Gainz.

I’m weird I spam dead lift and chest even though my chest won’t grow lol but I do shit out of my triceps and forearms

My triceps and forearms grow from just looking at weight! Them and my calves are definitely my most genetically gifted areas.
The only reason my arms even look big is because of my triceps... I know... Triceps.. are the biggest muscle on your arms. But my tricep to bicep ratio is fucked.

I mean... What the fuck... That's some bullshit...but... I'm working on it

Attachments

• received_280975198355474.jpeg
    received_280975198355474.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 0

Gainz.

I train for arm wrestling local so my main focus is forearm some bicep
In my 20s I was part of a small arm wrestling league... It only lasted a few months. Lots of interest at first... But it fell apart rather quickly once most guys realized they had no idea what they were doing... And the amount of work it take to actually be decent. Basically 3 groups of the 25-30 guys.
2 guys that were just fuckin unbeatable..
Me and 4 or 5 other guys that were good and wanted to learn and get better... And then 20+ guys who.... well... How do I say this nicely... Sucked fuckin dick and should take up collecting rocks 😂🤣.

BulkinWes

In my 20s I was part of a small arm wrestling league... It only lasted a few months. Lots of interest at first... But it fell apart rather quickly once most guys realized they had no idea what they were doing... And the amount of work it take to actually be decent. Basically 3 groups of the 25-30 guys.
2 guys that were just fuckin unbeatable..
Me and 4 or 5 other guys that were good and wanted to learn and get better... And then 20+ guys who.... well... How do I say this nicely... Sucked fuckin dick and should take up collecting rocks 😂🤣.
Yeah I still train for it but that tennis elbow has me not being able to arm wrestle and it’s been bad for a while goes away I do one arm wrestling match and it’s back lol. But we have competitions and stuff it’s fun I love doing it just hate the pain you endure doing it your guaranteed to eventually get hurt. No matter what cuz it’s such an intense sport.

Gainz.

Yeah I still train for it but that tennis elbow has me not being able to arm wrestle and it’s been bad for a while goes away I do one arm wrestling match and it’s back lol. But we have competitions and stuff it’s fun I love doing it just hate the pain you endure doing it your guaranteed to eventually get hurt. No matter what cuz it’s such an intense sport.

Yeah it's brutal on your joints and tendons.
Probably a good thing my little club fell apart so fast

BulkinWes

Yeah it's brutal on your joints and tendons.
Probably a good thing my little club fell apart so fast
It was a lot better when I wasnt jacked lol cuz now people expect me to win use to id always beat most people and they’d be amazed like people my size I’d smash there hand so fast. My dad taught me when I was a kid cuz he use to compete too back in the day. He hates the movie over the top lol