Old, fat, where to from here?

LHV

I'm 53 and been juicing in one form or another for over 30 years. Never done blood work but never been excessive. No health problems as such. My golden years of strength and physique are behind me, still very muscly but 25% plus bodyfat and not motivated to do too much about that. I'm not sure why I still juice except I still have 18"arms and that old fat me wants to do everything young lean me used to do. I've only ever used Test and Dianabol and dosages are modest - blasting up to 600mg Test weekly and (because I drink alcohol) strictly limited Dianabol (20mg daily for no more than three or four weeks). I guess I'm wondering what's next for the amateur enthusiast? My goals are keep the muscle and maybe build a little more, lose some weight perhaps, stay healthy. I'm not going to stop drinking. Any advice on other gear or stacks greatly appreciated

D

Deleted member 45086

I'm 53 and been juicing in one form or another for over 30 years. Never done blood work but never been excessive. No health problems as such. My golden years of strength and physique are behind me, still very muscly but 25% plus bodyfat and not motivated to do too much about that. I'm not sure why I still juice except I still have 18"arms and that old fat me wants to do everything young lean me used to do. I've only ever used Test and Dianabol and dosages are modest - blasting up to 600mg Test weekly and (because I drink alcohol) strictly limited Dianabol (20mg daily for no more than three or four weeks). I guess I'm wondering what's next for the amateur enthusiast? My goals are keep the muscle and maybe build a little more, lose some weight perhaps, stay healthy. I'm not going to stop drinking. Any advice on other gear or stacks greatly appreciated
I have to say that I love your honesty 🥰. Not everyone is trying to be a bodybuilder. I would say lay off all orals for sure. Run you a test and deca cycle at most. 600 test and 400 deca weekly. Nothing is really going to help with the BF except diet and cardio. Just watch your blood pressure closely when you cycle.

suppsforlife

gotta agree with that. orals aren't safe in the first place, but especially coupled with alcohol. if you're simply looking to burn some fat, maintain some muscle and be healthy and strong then Test + Deca sounds like a really good plan. Obviously, when you "stack" them with diet and training.
other injectable you could look into is Primobolan.

Reactions: LHV

Galactus

Welcome to the 53 club. Have you considered going on TRT? If you haven't had bloodwork done then I'd do that first thing. You may find that your testosterone levels are starting to decline, and that's going to lead to more fat retention. Going on a modest dose of TRT helps us older guys maintain like a much younger man. I'm on 115mg of testosterone a week and it's great (now in the first week of my first ever 400mg a week "blast")

LHV

I have to say that I love your honesty 🥰. Not everyone is trying to be a bodybuilder. I would say lay off all orals for sure. Run you a test and deca cycle at most. 600 test and 400 deca weekly. Nothing is really going to help with the BF except diet and cardio. Just watch your blood pressure closely when you cycle.
Thanks again for this advice. I've started a cycle with 400 T and 300 Deca weekly and it seems pretty good - no side effects but I'm also on Arimidex 1mg twice weekly. I'm thinking of going up to 600 T and 400 Deca as you recommended. To be honest, what I'm on now is keeping me happy but I kinda feel like I could be happier 😂. Is there anything I should keep an eye out for at the higher dosages?

LHV

Thanks again for this advice. I've started a cycle with 400 T and 300 Deca weekly and it seems pretty good - no side effects but I'm also on Arimidex 1mg twice weekly. I'm thinking of going up to 600 T and 400 Deca as you recommended. To be honest, what I'm on now is keeping me happy but I kinda feel like I could be happier 😂. Is there anything I should keep an eye out for at the higher dosages?
I'm just finishing a nearly five month cycle of 375 Test E and 250 Deca weekly and have greatly enjoyed it - I feel great and gentle but persistent muscle gains. I think Test and Deca will be my go to blasts from now on but would like to try primo and mast at some stage. When I finish (two weeks) I will drop back to a TRT dose of T for a while and get some bloods. All going well I will try 500 Test E and 400 Deca weekly for my next blast. Thanks for the advice

EMachine

test and Primo would be my way to go. However your test to primo ratio has to be 1:3 or even 1:4. Deca is great for us older bodybuilders in terms of joint pain, muscle mass, etc, but you’ll be retaining water as well. At 25% body fat, Deca is not going to help in that department. Diet and cardio will. By the way, if you’re on 400 mg of test, you don’t want to do the ratio I mentioned above. Normally, if your sub-10 or even 12% body fat 1:1 ratio works beautifully. I have an older client on TRT who takes 100 mg of test and 100 mg of primo weekly and looks great. For others 200/200 or 300/300 mg…However he is in the 12% category. The higher the body fat, the higher the primo needs to be. There’s no other way, if you go with primo. If you have a stationary bike, you could do 30-45 minutes of cardio in the morning, and then workout at night, or vice-versa. I do my cardio in the evenings watching tv. While competing, I did my cardio fasted first thing in the morning (usually at 5 am) and worked out later in the evenings. Now, older, and with different goals, I switched around. Cardio becomes a must as we age…specially, if we used PEDs for a long time. Be aware of your blood pressure…keep that in check. Good luck brother!

LHV

test and Primo would be my way to go. However your test to primo ratio has to be 1:3 or even 1:4. Deca is great for us older bodybuilders in terms of joint pain, muscle mass, etc, but you’ll be retaining water as well. At 25% body fat, Deca is not going to help in that department. Diet and cardio will. By the way, if you’re on 400 mg of test, you don’t want to do the ratio I mentioned above. Normally, if your sub-10 or even 12% body fat 1:1 ratio works beautifully. I have an older client on TRT who takes 100 mg of test and 100 mg of primo weekly and looks great. For others 200/200 or 300/300 mg…However he is in the 12% category. The higher the body fat, the higher the primo needs to be. There’s no other way, if you go with primo. If you have a stationary bike, you could do 30-45 minutes of cardio in the morning, and then workout at night, or vice-versa. I do my cardio in the evenings watching tv. While competing, I did my cardio fasted first thing in the morning (usually at 5 am) and worked out later in the evenings. Now, older, and with different goals, I switched around. Cardio becomes a must as we age…specially, if we used PEDs for a long time. Be aware of your blood pressure…keep that in check. Good luck brother!
Is the water retention why I ended up with this big balloon head? I thought it was too many Christmas chocolates. I was on Arimidex 1mg twice weekly but I stopped because I didn’t think I had any side effects. I definitely need to lose weight and I’m focussed on that at the moment - stopped alcohol, fast food, snacks etc. I’ve got knee arthritis so cardio is difficult - maybe I need to take up swimming. I am about 25% BF so what do you suggest for the Primo if my T is 400 or 500? Thanks for your thoughts - very useful