Suspected "controlled delivery" by cops? Here's tips...

Anabol-Steroids

So some of you have probably heard of what's called a "controlled delivery" by the cops.  That's when the law stages an undercover delivery to set you up to screw you to put it mildly.  I don't wanna scare people into thinking this happens all the time, it's actually rare, but it does happen and it's good for you to know what to do and how to avoid it especially if you order a lot of gear.  This information is straight from friends/customers of ours who are actually customs agents (ironic, I know).

First couple tips to help keep you from getting here in the first place:

- Not too much gear in one box.  If you've got a big order ask your source to split it up and send it to different addresses if possible.  The less gear, the less likely they'll care to do anything about it because it's too small for them to chase after.

- Do not use a false name on the shipping package.  Contrary to belief you may think you can use that as deniability, however, if customs checks the name and address and they don't match up, it's a red flag and they'll likely check your package. Secondly and more importantly, if you accept a package at your door with a false name on it, that is automatic grounds for a warrant if they choose.  The reasoning is that you would only accept a package with a false name if you already knew what the contents of the package were beforehand.

- Next, should you find that you think you are getting a controlled delivery, but it will be hard to tell because they dude will look just like your average UPS guy, but he/she's a cop.  So if you sign for the package and receive it, you're still ok!  They cannot convict you unless you open that box.  They have to prove that you are/were aware of the contents to get any kind of conviction on you. So if you're really having a bad feeling, do not open the box for at least a couple days.  The box will have a device in it to let the officers know it's been opened at which time they can storm the house.  However, they do not likely have the money and manpower to sit and watch the house for couple/several days so if you just let it sit for a few days...should be good.

I pray no on here has to experience this but hopefully if you do, you'll remember these tips and walk away with a smile on your face and a good story. ;-)

If you have questions feel free to ask.  I'll answer what I can.

swolesam

very interesting! I always wondered about that.  Thanks for the tips, it makes sense!

Have you seen this happen to anybody personally?? Do you have any statistics on what states have higher "stings" for lack of better word?

Anabol-Steroids

Well the truth is that we've been in biz for ten years and we've never lost a package in any country but Australia. But we have two long time customers that are actually customs officials, one in Oz and the other in US and they've taught us every possible thing you could ask.  With that said, since we've never lost anything in the states, we've only heard of this from other friends in the biz and it's legit, it does happen.  But just be smart, keep the orders small, different addresses and if you get a seizure at one address...burn it...move on to a new address.  Hope that helps buddy.

Sorry, no specific stats on which states are worst but to be honest it wouldn't likely come down to a state thing because it's starting as a federal thing and they're not going to discriminate because of a particular state...just gonna go after the guy they want, wherever he is.

swolesam

Good info. I think you have the lazy states & the hyper active ones. My question about stats, was referring to which are the petty ones that decide to spend (in this case waste) their resources on this.

At any rate, i def DONT want to be the 1 guy they pick to "make an example" out of. SUCKS to be that guy, then have the whole herd pass through safely after the 1st guy "took 1 for the team" so to speak , and its guna be a pretty big 1  !! LOL

Thanks for the info brother, i will def keep these pointers in the front of my memory.

Anabol-Steroids

That's what it's there for brother!  God forbid anyone needs to use the info but if you do...keep cool and remember the points! Cheers, buddy.

SwellMel

I would caution MG members about the "even if you sign you're Ok" comment made herein this thread. That is factually incorrect. I have very good knowledge of these aspects of the law and their practical use.  By signing you are accepting delivery and will be arrested for possession of a controlled substance and an "anticipatory search warrant executed based" upon a Judge signing the warrant in advance or anticipation of acceptance of the package.  If you sign, the search warrant is executed.  I believe Hawaii and perhaps 1-2 other states prohibit these warrants, all others allow them.   Now, as noted, it still might provide a defense by not opening the package, but in cases that I have reviewed, this is the exception and not the rule, most will be convicted based upon the possession despite not opening the box.

The other item noted was the electronic tracking device. There are several models, but the Schell Electronics Company are the most used http://www.schellelectronics.net/controlled_delivery.html, feel free to check out the URL.  They use RF and GPS frequencies and can track the package, even if not opened as well as when opened. The one drawback for LEO is the limited battery life of these units, I believe they can last for approximately 48-72 hours and then die unless recent improvements have extended the life of the battery.

I would concur with Anabol- S that it is wise to keep orders small as LEO resources are stretched thin, particularly in large metropolitan areas and my advice is to order domestic so you never have to sign for the product and if someone asks you to sign, or shows up at your door, don't even answer the door.  They'll go away and leave you alone, you cannot be compelled to answer your door and many folks don't realize this, but most warrants cannot be executed after dark, with exceptions for serious felonies. The other thing to know is that LEO will do, is they will conduct advance surveillance on the property and if they see someone other than the suspect, at times, they will try to get that "unsuspecting" person to sign for the package and then execute a search warrant in anticipation of finding other incriminating evidence such as computers and other gear.

Last, if you have any suspicion or have a package seized, burn the address and get another, you will be on a watch list through the USPS that flags packages.  Hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions.

swolesam

+1 Mel - give us the bad news bro.  :) 

You seem to have more knowledge on this than anybody down to the detail. You have buddies in LE?  At any rate, personally i appreciate this info alot! Good looking out brother.

Dolf

Great info mel...+2 brotha. Another thing is get to know your mail person and what they look like. If someone other than your mail person trys to deliver your pack and hsve you sign for it reject it.

SharonKY

Great information especially for those that havent ordered just yet.  This is what scares the crap out of me...is to get caught in this situation.  With my husband's career hanging in the balance if I do something wrong. 
Thank you for sharing, I now understand the process of this.......let's hope is stays rare.

SharonKY

Great information especially for those that havent ordered just yet.  This is what scares the crap out of me...is to get caught in this situation.  With my husband's career hanging in the balance if I do something wrong. 
Thank you for sharing, I now understand the process of this.......let's hope is stays rare.

swolesam

Sharon - i hear that. Hopefully it never happens to you or anybody else !

Make an arrangement with you husband, if it does go down, he can claim you're a runaway he picked up & you're just crashing in his place for a few days - that way he gets off Scot-Free! HAHA lol   i keed i keed ! :)

Dolf

Being female it's much easier to do, but keep your orders small. By far most controlled deliveries are done on raws. 

Anabol-Steroids

Of course, the tips I mentioned above are by no means a guarantee however, and correct me if I'm wrong here, even if a person were to be arrested after they sign for and accept a delivery, a conviction is only possible with PROOF THE RECEIVER HAS KNOWLEDGE OF THE CONTENTS? If the parcel is unopened and the person does not hang themselves, it makes proving they know the content of the package extremely difficult. 

The following is a point that was made in the post where I originally sourced this information: "if merely having drugs sent to you is enough to get someone in trouble, then I could put every person who has ever harmed me behind bars for life, just by dropping some packages in the mail." Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to dispute what you're saying, however, it's definitely an interesting debate.

If you or anybody cares to read the actual post itself, work away http://darkwebnews.com/help-advice/legally-accept-drug-package-per-police-prosecutors/. It's gonna take probably 20 minutes or so to get through it however, if you've got the time, its worth the read.

B

Burrr

All around great thread. Thanks to you both for keeping us informed and alert.

siegmund

this is true !! , I never EVER SIGN for a  ...pk. NEVER , use to when I was green ...there is not package worth signing for to me !!

also I know my mail men ,to a t and they know me !!! When expecting a pk...i generally see him a few block away and I get my mail ...

that's why they always get a Xmas gift ...a few dollors , think brothers and sisters ....this is .real

SwellMel

What your describing according to my legal education is "plausible deniability" and that can be used as a defense to the possession charges. Your are absolutely correct about anyone sending drugs to your home to set you up, however, what typically occurs is once the search warrant is executed, additional evidence is discovered including confiscation and analysis of your computer, which typically contains incriminating evidence as well as other gear or at times, recreational drugs which provide a basis for other charges.

So what this means boys and girls is if you have something on order, make sure you have a clean house before you expect delivery or go make a pick up and as far as computer, your ISP can provide LEO with IP's but if you use a VPN as well as sanitize your clear data regularly you should be ok, otherwise, have someone hold your stuff for you temporarily.

I would encourage everyone to try to purchase a used edition of "Legal Muscle" by Rick Collins.  It is out of print so you'll have to try ebay or Amazon for a used edition. It is a great book and explains all of these issues in detail.  Rick is very knowledgeable and when I've spoken with him, he has been very gracious and giving of his time, knowledge and experience, a true ambassador for TRT and recreational T use in the USA. If you ever have an issue or think you might have an issue, call Rick first, he has a liaison attorney in most major cities he can refer you to.  Most defense attorney's are not experienced in steroid law and his specific expertise has helped many people.