Starting my trt journey

bobby ricky

Zinc is good for acne. But too much zinc can be a bad thing. That's why people take copper to combat to much zinc.
So don't go zinc crazy and you'll be good
I need to tell this guy at the gym. I could tell he was on gear but his acne was out of fucking control. Big purple zits and boils. I get a couple here and there on 2 grams but I would shit my pants If I had that. When I get some it makes me feel like a kid again 😂. He needs guy’s like u to help him.

Gainz.

I need to tell this guy at the gym. I could tell he was on gear but his acne was out of fucking control. Big purple zits and boils. I get a couple here and there on 2 grams but I would shit my pants If I had that. When I get some it makes me feel like a kid again 😂. He needs guy’s like u to help him.

It sounds like he has more than just a gear problem. Usually the big purple boils is a hygienic issue. I'm not saying he's dirty, I'm just saying hes exposed to some kind of microbial bacteria that's doing a number on him. Usually it's a vicious cycle of heat opening his pores and bacteria getting in there. Then the skin breaks open (either from trying to pop them or just on its own) and as it heals on your clothes it gets ripped it back open due to movement.
It sounds like he needs some accutane.

Aussie

Had one like this at my gym when I was going 3 years ago. Haven’t seen him since going back. Made me feel sick seeing him walking around. Personal I would cover up if it was me.

Galactus

We have the same stats. I'm 54, 208 lbs, 5'10" and take 125 mg Mon & Thurs. IMO you're on the right path.

If you are on a fixed income I honestly would not worry about any of those supplements. I'm very cynical about supplements. Very little of a multivitamin is absorbed and studies have shown zero improvement in health of those who take one vs not. Same with all of these plant supplements that are supposed to be good for humans. The supplement industry is barely regulated and it's a racket.

I'd save your money.

Gainz.

We have the same stats. I'm 54, 208 lbs, 5'10" and take 125 mg Mon & Thurs. IMO you're on the right path.

If you are on a fixed income I honestly would not worry about any of those supplements. I'm very cynical about supplements. Very little of a multivitamin is absorbed and studies have shown zero improvement in health of those who take one vs not. Same with all of these plant supplements that are supposed to be good for humans. The supplement industry is barely regulated and it's a racket.

I'd save your money.

I couldn't agree more. 99.99% of over the counter supplements are absolutely garbage! Your better off putting that money into a better diet. Especially because of the price of some of that garbage. People spend $100-200 a month on vitamins, test booster, brain booster...
Take that $$$ and buy 2 extra cartons of eggs, some egg whites, extra cans of tuna, extra pounds of chicken and rice. Put that money into good clean food and I promise you it will work better than horny goat weed and black pepper extract

Thanks for all the feed back, much appreciated..

Well here's an update:
I briefed my wife on my plan and she really didn't say too much...so I figured cool beans..the next night while laying in bed I was looking at test prices on a suppliers site and she said, I think you should see a doctor before doing anything... I was like don't worry I'm going to do my blood work throughout the process..not good enough, she kept on insisting I see a doctor first...I finally agreed, I'll go to a doctor..
It took me a few days, but I hooked up with a Florida based clinic that uses telehealth. Setup to have my blood work done and appointment with a Doctor..I then find out I need a recent physical, well within the past year.. it's been two years since my last physical.. so I attempted to make an appointment with my doctor for my physical, she's no longer there and her replacement is longer taking new patients...long story short I find a new doctor and setup an appointment.

While I'm waiting for my physical my blood work comes back, confirms very low free test and real high shbg..( this is the blood work the clinic in Florida)...

Fast forward to the day of my physical, my wife is home from work and decides to come with me..fine...
Physical goes fine for about 15 minutes then she starts blabbing to the doctor about my trt plan. My wife and new doctor proceeded to discuss it as if I wasn't in the room..looking back it was kinda funny..
So my new doctor orders blood work for me to do..fine..

I went and did my blood work the day after my physical..5 days later I get a message from my doctor that my blood work was abnormal and I needed to have further blood work done...fine, back to get more blood work done. 3 days later I get a call from the doctor's office that everything came back fine... The next day I get a note in my chart from my doctor letting me know I have low T.. she tested it..she wants me to have further blood work done..I'll do that next week..( I live within 10 minutes of quest so to go for blood work is no biggie )..

Well that's where I'm at right now...

Stay tuned for another update...

Gainz.

Well here's an update:
I briefed my wife on my plan and she really didn't say too much...so I figured cool beans..the next night while laying in bed I was looking at test prices on a suppliers site and she said, I think you should see a doctor before doing anything... I was like don't worry I'm going to do my blood work throughout the process..not good enough, she kept on insisting I see a doctor first...I finally agreed, I'll go to a doctor..
It took me a few days, but I hooked up with a Florida based clinic that uses telehealth. Setup to have my blood work done and appointment with a Doctor..I then find out I need a recent physical, well within the past year.. it's been two years since my last physical.. so I attempted to make an appointment with my doctor for my physical, she's no longer there and her replacement is longer taking new patients...long story short I find a new doctor and setup an appointment.

While I'm waiting for my physical my blood work comes back, confirms very low free test and real high shbg..( this is the blood work the clinic in Florida)...

Fast forward to the day of my physical, my wife is home from work and decides to come with me..fine...
Physical goes fine for about 15 minutes then she starts blabbing to the doctor about my trt plan. My wife and new doctor proceeded to discuss it as if I wasn't in the room..looking back it was kinda funny..

I went and did my blood work the day after my physical..5 days later I get a message from my doctor that my blood work was abnormal and I needed to have further blood work done...fine, back to get more blood work done. 3 days later I get a call from the doctor's office that everything came back fine... The next day I get a note in my chart from my doctor letting me know I have low T.. she tested it..she wants me to have further blood work done..I'll do that next week..( I live within 10 minutes of quest so to go for blood work is no biggie )..

I'm very happy you went and got your blood work done! That's so vitally important.
But... most doctors, especially the ones in the USA have no idea what proper trt treatment is. They want you to come in for shots once or twice a month. when in fact you need to inject twice a week.
On top of that, depending on your insurance they want $300-600 per shot.
It's a total scam. It will give you crazy highs and lows, and absolutely rape you in cost.
So personally... I would just order 4 vials of 250mg test, a 100 pack of 2.5ml syringes, 100 20g needles and 100 27g 1" needles and start your trt journey.
Then if you're doctors want to get you on "legal" trt... well have that conversation, and make sure you ask a million questions. Like how often will you be getting the shots, how much will those shots cost, can you get a script for at home so you can do it yourself.
Basically... if they won't give you a script so you can do it yourself, you don't want what they have to offer. And if they will give you a script, how much per vial. (They usually cost $150-350 depending on insurance)
Not nearly as cheap as $55 from the u.k warehouse 😉

So instead of waiting for them and meeting after meeting and to probably get let down in their treatment program and cost... just start yourself. If you order today between the warehouse (8-9 days shipping) and pins and syringes from Amazon... you can be on your way in 10 days.
Instead of waiting (and most likely wasting) the next 2 months water for your doctor's

Aussie

T

Well here's an update:

his is good your doctor is ordering tests. My last doctor didn’t like me having testosterone levels checked. Was hard to get vitamin D checked and I had had deficiency.
My new doctor seems happy to help knowing I’m on trt.

Gainz.

T

his is good your doctor is ordering tests. My last doctor didn’t like me having testosterone levels checked. Was hard to get vitamin D checked and I had had deficiency.
My new doctor seems happy to help knowing I’m on trt.

Yeah its hard to find a good doctor, especially here in the states. We're treated like a number. End up paying thousands for subpar treatment.
I have lost all faith in the health care system.
I spent 12 years with a diabetic who has had more problems than I feel like getting into (went blind for 3 months, hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia, sugar as low as 17 sugar as high as 905, both should of killed her, the 907 put her in acoma for 8 days and came really close to killing her... we all said our goodbyes it was so close, charcot bone disease (turned her ankle bone to dust) leg neuropathy, arguably the worst 4 months of my life, multiple different staff infections and blood infections... theres just so much more... so fucking much more)
But time and time again we'd get the wrong diagnosis and spend weeks paying for treatment that didn't help, only for them too go "oh sorry, this its what's wrong" then spend hundreds on those meds that didn't work. Too watch her fight for supplies or even insulin to stay alive, but the insurance company doesn't think her having it is a necessity... fucking dirty cunts.

So if I seem a little jaded towards the American health care system its because I lived it for so long, didn't go a month without seeing the inside of a doctor's office or hospital. I know exactly how useless they can be, and I've seen the only thing they care about is money.

Aussie

Yeah its hard to find a good doctor, especially here in the states. We're treated like a number. End up paying thousands for subpar treatment.
I have lost all faith in the health care system.
I spent 12 years with a diabetic who has had more problems than I feel like getting into (went blind for 3 months, hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia, sugar as low as 17 sugar as high as 905, both should of killed her, the 907 put her in acoma for 8 days and came really close to killing her... we all said our goodbyes it was so close, charcot bone disease (turned her ankle bone to dust) leg neuropathy, arguably the worst 4 months of my life, multiple different staff infections and blood infections... theres just so much more... so fucking much more)
But time and time again we'd get the wrong diagnosis and spend weeks paying for treatment that didn't help, only for them too go "oh sorry, this its what's wrong" then spend hundreds on those meds that didn't work. Too watch her fight for supplies or even insulin to stay alive, but the insurance company doesn't think her having it is a necessity... fucking dirty cunts.

So if I seem a little jaded towards the American health care system its because I lived it for so long, didn't go a month without seeing the inside of a doctor's office or hospital. I know exactly how useless they can be, and I've seen the only thing they care about is money.
I took my own heath into my own hands. Started ordering blood tests. Going to the doctor to ask for bloods turned into an argument. They don’t like it when you start showing them you know what you are talking about.
Just mention testosterone and they see red. They are to worried about getting into trouble than helping you with blood tests I’m legally allowed to have for free.
The best one is asking for E2 test and being told that’s a female hormone and I don’t need to have it checked.
The day my doctor went home when I went to ask for annual bloods I asked the other doctor for them. Got them all tested.
When my doctor seen what I had she wasn’t happy. Told me she didn’t want anything to do with hormone tests so I laughed at her and said to bad I don’t need her permission to get them tested.

JesseTX

Well here's an update:

Very strange to be going thru so much trouble but it's kind of how medicine works.
I'm trying to find a place to get blood work done where I can have my results and look them over with a few people I know.

Update: well I had my appointment today with trt doc...

Here's the protocol he prescribed:
180mg per test cyp per week divided into two injections..
Hcg 500ius twice per week
DHEA 25mg at bed time
Arimidex if needed..
Pretty straight forward..

On a side note, I took a couple years off from the fitness scene.. found out the other day that Boston loyd passed away..what a sad story..I remember a lot of people saying he wouldn't last long because of his chem use, guess they were right...

Gainz.

Update: well I had my appointment today with trt doc...

Here's the protocol he prescribed:
180mg per test cyp per week divided into two injections..
Hcg 500ius twice per week
DHEA 25mg at bed time
Arimidex if needed..
Pretty straight forward..

On a side note, I took a couple years off from the fitness scene.. found out the other day that Boston loyd passed away..what a sad story..I remember a lot of people saying he wouldn't last long because of his chem use, guess they were right...

That's awesome... very solid plan. Even a little higher than I would recommend.
Extremely curious how much it will cost you.

First order... well how long will that last you? A month... a year? I hope that's not for 1 vial and some pins.
And are you getting a vial of test to bring home?
First order should last 10 weeks, but I'll have to re-order at 8 weeks to allow time for it to be compounded then shipped..

I'm trying to figure out the budget for it moving forward based on their pharmacy prices and my needs....near as I can tell it's roughly $250ish to re-up every 8 weeks...